Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Powder Price

Parabuteo is offline My Chrony has bought it a couple of times...
    Quote Originally Posted by Boydy47 View Post
    Well me and KennyC have just ordered a 3.5 kg tub each no prob's!!
    Further to my last....what a load of bollocks.

Are you telling me that a would be terrorist is going to ignore powder in 1KG tubs.....? Or even for that matter bother hadn loading? No. Its just about keeping the prices up and is precisely why I suspect some powders were never available here in anything larger than a 1lb tub while they are elswhere.

Net result, I have found an outlet that sells something better for less in larger quantities. The original RFDs loss and my gain.

Frankly I am heartilly sick of the various bullshit lines they find to disproportionately raise the prices at any opportunity FFS.
    I'm a maggot in another life you know

Thumbs down

Just returned to Reloading after a 5 year break, set my bench up as weekend and checked my supplies. X2 tubs of H380 and x1 box of SGK. Thought to myself "I've powder for my. 243, and bullets for my. 308", so need to get some powder for the. 308 and bullets for the. 243. After checking prices I'm tempted to sell off the Reloading kit and buy factory ammo! What's happened in five years? The tubs of H380 have price tags of £23 and 165 SGK £19.99, good God I almost fainted with the price of powder and bullets.

John
    It's not about hunting foxes, it's about the foxes RIGHT to be hunted

It has gone utterly crazy, the weak pound isn't helping but that can't explain all the price rises by any stretch.

I get to the point now that pest control is exactly that. There was a time selling the rabbits subsidised my hobby. With HMR rounds now £160+ for 500 and rabbits being £1 to the game dealer, I'm not sure I can be doing with the hassle, freezing & taking to the dealers...

I can only imagine that dealers are going to have to increase what they pay for fur or feather with the cost of shooting going up.

I was getting 50p a pigeon, £1 a rabbit (headshot) 50p any other shot, £1 per lb for venison, £3 hare and £4 goose or duck. These days I keep much of what I shoot, the rabbits are worth more in dog food to me. Asda sell venison at £9/lb the local game dealers are not far off that. May as well keep the meat. It seems to me that the prices have gone insane, I stocked up on a lot of ammo just before my boy was born, 5 years later I wish I had stock piled a whole lot more. My ammo supplies are running low, so I will have to bite the bullet so to speak, but cash is in a much shorter supply these days with a nipper growing what seems like an inch a week.

John
    It's not about hunting foxes, it's about the foxes RIGHT to be hunted

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter_zero View Post
    I was getting 50p a pigeon, £1 a rabbit (headshot) 50p any other shot, £1 per lb for venison, £3 hare and £4 goose or duck. These days I keep much of what I shoot, the rabbits are worth more in dog food to me. Asda sell venison at £9/lb the local game dealers are not far off that. May as well keep the meat. It seems to me that the prices have gone insane, I stocked up on a lot of ammo just before my boy was born, 5 years later I wish I had stock piled a whole lot more. My ammo supplies are running low, so I will have to bite the bullet so to speak, but cash is in a much shorter supply these days with a nipper growing what seems like an inch a week.

John
    i wish I could stock it too, but a lot of mine is expanding I have got 500 Sierra's at the RFD's that have been bought & paid for a years or so... I've got a couple of thou of target bullets for my .260. Likewise with primers. In need of making another gun powder box to store some powder at my mums.... but similarly, don't want to tie myself up for powders that will date and calibres could change

harry mac is offline You can't say muntjack without saying mmmmm
    Quote Originally Posted by Boydy47 View Post
    About 3000 for me! Just giving murom LR primers a go and seem ok so far which is excellent at £19/1000.
    Are they the ones marked up as KVB7? Where are you getting them from? Can other RFDs order them?
    The South of England has 2 good things, the M1 and the A1. Both will take you to Yorkshire.

Quote Originally Posted by harry mac View Post
    Are they the ones marked up as KVB7? Where are you getting them from? Can other RFDs order them?
    I bought them from HPS at last years imperial meet at Bisley
    Thanks for looking

Quote Originally Posted by Parabuteo View Post
    Further to my last....what a load of bollocks.

Are you telling me that a would be terrorist is going to ignore powder in 1KG tubs.....? Or even for that matter bother hadn loading? No. Its just about keeping the prices up and is precisely why I suspect some powders were never available here in anything larger than a 1lb tub while they are elswhere.

Net result, I have found an outlet that sells something better for less in larger quantities. The original RFDs loss and my gain.

Frankly I am heartilly sick of the various bullshit lines they find to disproportionately raise the prices at any opportunity FFS.
    Want to let us know this find? 😆

Powder prices

Getting worse....just found Vectan GM3 for sale on US website at $13.99 half kilo....
    Around £40 in the uk....produced in France...so much for the EU single market.

amc577

Quote Originally Posted by amc577 View Post
    Getting worse....just found Vectan GM3 for sale on US website at $13.99 half kilo....
    Around £40 in the uk....produced in France...so much for the EU single market.

amc577
    Yep, there is certainly something wrong there.... I wonder how much of this is down to the smoke & mirrors of the government and their trade deals, surely with 'globalisation' and currency exchange we should be able to buy this for $13.99 plus postage

Parabuteo is offline My Chrony has bought it a couple of times...
    Quote Originally Posted by ProHunter View Post
    Want to let us know this find? 😆
    Nope
    I'm a maggot in another life you know

i think the government is trying to price us out of the game imo