Thread: Quickload Help

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Boydy47 View Post
    What Kenny means is rabbits (targets) that will scarper (move) if you don't get the shot off as soon as the opportunity presents, we tend to shoot off the roof of the truck as we may cover 1000-1500 acres in a night over 2 or 3 permissions. We use expanding rounds such as WMR or .22H at relatively short ranges (<100 yards) so precision shooting is not necessary on rabbits and any the get a bit messy go to my very well fed ferrets. As for honing your skills at range, challenge Kenny to a 900 yard match with his k31 and open sights, see who wins

Now we've dealt with ethics..

We all know pressure has more influences than just chamber size or brass volume. As far as I'm aware (I bother another forum member fairly regularly for checking loads that are a bit out there) to use it properly you check the water capacity over a few cases (say 5) and take an average this way you get the fired case / chamber volume for that particular headstamp.

I'm sure it's a useful tool and if you have a sporter barrel that heats very quickly making testing from a cool barrel Very time consuming it will save a lot of time and wasted consumables.
    Good of you to step in and clarify the fast moving targets bit.

I agree with you on the other issues, and if you ever need anything run through QL, I'd be more than happy to oblige.

Jonathan.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Good of you to step in and clarify the fast moving targets bit.

I agree with you on the other issues, and if you ever need anything run through QL, I'd be more than happy to oblige.

Jonathan.
    We do of course shoot moving targets quite often too, but with the shottie!

Thanks for the offer, may well take you up up on it soon...
    Thanks for looking