Quote Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
sorry I thought that would be self obvious? Quickload suffers in the same way as even if you measure the water volume of the case ,the chamber is still an unknown, I personally think some people overthink the whole thing and that for them the purpose of the exercise is theoretical results as opposed to real life results, that said, there is nothing wrong with that approach if its what rocks your boat.
How can the chamber be an unknown? The chamber will either be cut to SAAMI or CIP specs. There will be minimal differences between chambers, and not enough to make a discernible difference in case capacity. The biggest difference will without a doubt be in the internal capacity of the case.

I don't think it's a case of 'overthinking' or 'what rocks your boat' as reloading for precision shooting is all about the accumulation of all the small details making a difference. Some people may not care about going from, say 0.6moa to 0.3moa group size, but there are those that do, and as I said, it's the small detail that is the difference.

Jonathan.