Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Weihrauch HW35

Weihrauch HW35

I recently bought these two...

Both the same name, but different length barrels and stocks. They have been well used and show signs of wear from marks on the stocks nothing at all bad in my opinion though. I have stripped and oiled a couple of stocks before and enjoyed it. Was thinking to do the same with these, get them tuned up and fit a silencer or barrel weight on the one with the front sight missing. Maybe even get them reblued. Ive been advised that a tune up and spring would be £60 each and reblueing around £80 per rifle. I get that I wouldnt be adding much value to them, but is what im suggesting pointless, should I leave them as they are, they actually work fine. Or, should I crack on in whole or, partly?

I value your opinion.

Cheers

Lovely!

But don't let Mr Tinbum look in; nasty piece of work he is when it comes to 35s!

Looks like the one on the left's an Export?

Sometimes, and especially as you have other mint condition guns, I like to keep the oldies in honest, original, worn condition. So a quick tune up and just use? Personally, I love them with a V-Mach spring and guide set installed.

There are lots of tuning variations that will work on these. Mick, T20's 25mm sleeved one is awesome. But then his 'O' ringed, longer stroke one is utterly fantastic, too, and far less work involved.

Fingers crossed that you have no leaky breech issues, as there'll be a little more work involved if so.

Lovely classic rifles; enjoy.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Lovely!

But don't let Mr Tinbum look in; nasty piece of work he is when it comes to 35s!

What can I say? I'm a reformed character.

http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/k...pshr1zwyzj.jpg
    God rest ye jelly mental men

look no hands is online now Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post

The only good thing about the 35 is that you can actually stoke the fire with the barrel, from your armchair on the other side of the room

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    The only good thing about the 35 is that you can actually stoke the fire with the barrel, from your armchair on the other side of the next room

Pete
    Fixed it for you.
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Fixed it for you.
    Is the one on the left not a vintage wooden handled carp rod ?
    Nice things happen to nice people.

You need re-forming, you does!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Fixed it for you.
    Me bad I did remember seeing one in a gun shop recently, it wouldn't fit in the musket rack, it was put in a special wild fowling section labeled "Punt guns"

Here's the shops photo of it https://mbtimetraveler.files.wordpre...165_n-copy.jpg

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Mock yea may, and even Ive got to admit the 22" barrel is a victim of fashion at the time, but can you name any other gun that is over 60 years old and still as capable as any modern springer?
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    Mock yea may, and even Ive got to admit the 22" barrel is a victim of fashion at the time, but can you name any other gun that is over 60 years old and is the ugliest gun on the planet?
    Corrected it for you

Pete

Just seen one in Sandwell Field Sports, no564, very old gun in original condition, looks like new, it wasn't for sale tho, it was having the barrel straightened

Weihrauch HW35

£60 each! to get 35's re-sprung & tuned. bring em both to me & I'll do the pair for £60. Ask member magnumike what my old 35e shoots like if you need proof of my abilites. That was running mid 11's on it's original 1977 spring & smooth as silk to cock & shoot. The mainsprings on older hw's are better quality than new or aftermarket ones & unless they have the dreaded but rare leaky breach or the spring is buckled shouldn't need replacing. They also have very little pre-load so that probably helps prevent buckling.
    Last edited by junglie; 01-01-2017 at 11:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by junglie View Post
    £60 each! to get 35's re-sprung & tuned. bring em both to me & I'll do the pair for £60. Ask member magnumike what my old35e shoots like if you need proof of my abilites. That was running mid 11's on it;s original 1977 spring & smooth as silk to cock & shoot. The mainsprings on older hw's are better quality than new or aftermarket ones & unless they have the dreaded but rare leaky breach or the spring is buckled shouldn't need replacing. They also have very little pre-load so that probably helps prevent buckling.
    You can do mine please

Weihrauch HW35

Quote Originally Posted by BAD DAZ View Post
    You can do mine please
    Sure if you trust the post to get it to me & back safe? As I no longer have a 35 I'd need the stock too, or action only would have been a viable option. That price don't include new seals if needed btw. Mine only needed slip washers front & rear of the spring a new breech seal & de-burring & re-lube with a lube sleeve in piston to cure the twang.I also put a nylon insert into the cocking arm to quiet the infamous click down,Cost about a fiver to do.

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    Mock yea may, and even Ive got to admit the 22" barrel is a victim of fashion at the time, but can you name any other gun that is over 60 years old and still as capable as any modern springer?
    'Tis true.