Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Weihrauch HW35

Is a 1977 made, HW35 export made with a choked barrel?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Amac View Post

However, the action is not what those of us with an ear for tuned springers would describe as "sorted." There is a mild amount of mechanical noise, particularly when cocking. The bottom line is that the gun shoots so well as it is that I really dont want to gut her. Do I really need to resort to surgery, or should I just carry on enjoying her as she is?
    Andy
    Bring her up to the indoor range and your 'Uncle Ian' will have her guts scattered across the table quicker than I can say "Gladys - get the kettle on!" It will make the stripping of your HW100 look like childs play.

I cant do it this Sunday as we are away to Rochdale AGC on a return vengeance, I mean fun 10m pistol compt.

HTH
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur John Smithsplease View Post
    Bearing in mind that the end block has to be screwed off, how much preload is there on the UK legal spring?

Can you get away with stripping and reassembling them without a compressor?

I once did this with a HW77, and it was hard work screwing the end block back on.

I imagine a 22 would run best at about 10.5fpe. Or should it be nearer 11?
    http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Airs...?sort=6&page=1

This one I rescued from the skip. I had it re-blued, sorted the leaking breech (do a 'Search' on this subject ) purchased a s/h standard stock off here and now she is now shooting lovely at 11.7 ft.lbs with NO pre-load on the main spring. They didn't believe me at the club so I stripped it down in front of them to prove it.

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post

This one I rescued from the skip. I had it re-blued, sorted the leaking breech (do a 'Search' on this subject ) purchased a s/h standard stock off here and now she is now shooting lovely at 11.7 ft.lbs with NO pre-load on the main spring. They didn't believe me at the club so I stripped it down in front of them to prove it.
    I mentioned my O ringed, Longstroked dog of a .22" HW35 to TonyL before the last Boinger Bash and he was interested in seeing it, so I dug it out and we ran it over the chrono.

With a mainspring that just gains a tad of preload from screwing the back block in it was doing a very consistent velocity that was just a little too close to 12 for comfort.

All the best Mick

Quote Originally Posted by Duggan View Post
    Is a 1977 made, HW35 export made with a choked barrel?

Thanks
    Yes,all HW barrels are choked.

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    I mentioned my O ringed, Longstroked dog of a .22" HW35 to TonyL before the last Boinger Bash and he was interested in seeing it, so I dug it out and we ran it over the chrono.

With a mainspring that just gains a tad of preload from screwing the back block in it was doing a very consistent velocity that was just a little too close to 12 for comfort.

All the best Mick

Oh yes, sir Mick....beautiful firing cycle and the consistency............Blimey, if I remember correctly, with pellets straight from the tin, the first two shots showed exactly the same velocity readings to 0.1 fps. And something like 3 fps variation over seven or eight shots???

Even Tinners had to grudgingly accept how beautifully it shot, eventually stomping off in a strop squealing, "But they're still ugly!".

Preload observations as above.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    I now want to buy an HW35e. I doubt anyone would sell me one though.😎
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Well, if you promise that you're a reformed character that has finally seen the light and promise to play nice.....

Bet it's a wind-up!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by landymick View Post
    Yes,all HW barrels are choked.
    Crumbs Mick!! I never realised the HW barrels were choked! I knew that Original rifles were though!!

Karl, Don't list to these heretics, The HW35 is a gawjuss rifle!! They're my fave of the HW range!!

Pic 1

Pic 2

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Thank you Landymick and Johnbaz, i'm toying with the idea of, shortening the barrel on one of mine to around 14 inches. Then getting it crowned and tuned up, will that mean I will lose all the accuracy or, will It it be more pellet sensitive? Possibly be even more accurate?

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Duggan View Post
    Thank you Landymick and Johnbaz, i'm toying with the idea of, shortening the barrel on one of mine to around 14 inches.

Cheers
    Make sure you don't cut the 22" long export barrel down or you could cause a riot in the Collectors section.

(A riot equating someone saying "tut, tut" at the very least. )

All the best Mick

Tut tut at the very least.

Well, someone had to.

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    Tut tut at the very least.

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/...4/facepalm.jpg

There's always one.

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    I now want to buy an HW35e. I doubt anyone would sell me one though.��
    Don't fall for it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, you are being what we called in the prison service as conditioned

Kinda like feeling an association with your kidnapper after a while of being kept tied up wearing a hood
    Nice things happen to nice people.

These are my recently acquired Weihrauchs. I cant see what all the fuss is about the length of the HW35E. The HW 77 may actually be a tad longer.... They didnt do many carbines in the 70's....

Anyway I musnt of had my glasses on looking at the Export, it does have a nice walnut grain and it is better again on the reverse. CAN YOU CUT THE BARRELS DOWN TO SIZE AND RETAIN ACCURRACY, ANYONE ? Theres lots been cropped so I guess so, and I've been told so. Just looking for others opinions

Pictures....