Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Is there a light Accurate break barreled spring gun ?

And agreed and agreed with the two posts above.

Just to clarify - I've not got it in for BSA. In fact, some of my best early airgunning and hunting memories were with my Super Meteor and Mercury.

As already mentioned, I've also owned the Challenger, Supersport and Lightning. Oh, and very briefly, an Airsporter and a Stutzen. And, back in the day, I "kitchen table fettled" a fair few friends' Meteors and Mercuries. On every occasion, the internal component quality was a disappointment when compared to the Weihrauchs and FWB Sport that I've owned / fettled. And that barrel hinge pin on many of their break barrels was a p--s take. Despite these issues with internals, many shot quite nicely.

As regards newer BSAs, I'vd only had brief experience of the Superstar, and those that I've tried were lovely.

Believe it or not, I still feel love for the brand and there's nothing that would please me more than BSA introducing a quality, top end springer. I'd be first in the queue and it would be lovely for BSA to be a premium springer brand once again and make us all proud.

If I were in the market for a PCP, I would buy a BSA, no question, as I love the way that more of the barrel is secured into the breech. They just look much more securely anchored than many others out there to me.

But I don't do PCPs, so that's not going to happen.

We need BSA to be great with springers again but, sadly, I don't think the owners have the appetite or passion and maybe the willingness to invest? I sure hope they prove me wrong, though.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

anschutz 335 ?

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    And agreed and agreed with the two posts above.

Just to clarify - I've not got it in for BSA. In fact, some of my best early airgunning and hunting memories were with my Super Meteor and Mercury.

As already mentioned, I've also owned the Challenger, Supersport and Lightning. Oh, and very briefly, an Airsporter and a Stutzen. And, back in the day, I "kitchen table fettled" a fair few friends' Meteors and Mercuries. On every occasion, the internal component quality was a disappointment when compared to the Weihrauchs and FWB Sport that I've owned / fettled. And that barrel hinge pin on many of their break barrels was a p--s take. Despite these issues with internals, many shot quite nicely.

As regards newer BSAs, I'vd only had brief experience of the Superstar, and those that I've tried were lovely.

Believe it or not, I still feel love for the brand and there's nothing that would please me more than BSA introducing a quality, top end springer. I'd be first in the queue and it would be lovely for BSA to be a premium springer brand once again and make us all proud.

If I were in the market for a PCP, I would buy a BSA, no question, as I love the way that more of the barrel is secured into the breech. They just look much more securely anchored than many others out there to me.

But I don't do PCPs, so that's not going to happen.

We need BSA to be great with springers again but, sadly, I don't think the owners have the appetite or passion and maybe the willingness to invest? I sure hope they prove me wrong, though.
    That's just brought a tear to my eye Tony, very touching

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

The only production break barrel "spring" rifles fitted with a walnut stock I can think of is the new Diana 340 N-tec Luxus or Anniversary and the HW35e if imported. Neither stock has been designed as scope use only so a modest scope and low mounts would be my choice. The N-tec's look very nice to my eye but are gas ram of course, no problem from my point of view but not strictly a springer. Can anyone else think of a walnut clad springer off the shelf? Seems a poor show to me
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer