Thread: Uamrex Colt SAA Replacement Grips?

Uamrex Colt SAA Replacement Grips?

Is anyone aware of anywhere that sells spare grips for the Umarex Colt SAA's an internet search yields nothing?

Quote Originally Posted by mrto View Post
    Is anyone aware of anywhere that sells spare grips for the Umarex Colt SAA's an internet search yields nothing?
    http://www.umarex.com/contact.html
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Quote Originally Posted by peteswright View Post

Thanks,but it's not my intention to contact Umarex directly I'm just looking for a retailer that may stock them.I doubt it's Umarex's policy just yet,at least, to make grips available other than for missing or broken ones.I suspect their marketing strategy is to disallow people to customise their own guns in an effort to increase sales of Umarex factory configured SAA's.

In the UK there is a pretty poor range of frame finish and grip colours,far better in the States as is usually the case.

ATB.

HI mate, it might be worth you contacting umarex you have nothing to lose.
    My local RFD ordered my some white grips directly from umarex for me.

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/b...c/DSCN2714.jpg

I much prefer the white grips on my blued version rather than the standard gloss wood effect ones.

Happy new year.
    ATB Marc
    Some of my favourite guns in. You collection, Umarex Beretta 92fs - Colt Custom 1911 - Walther Lever Action - TM Hi-Capa Custom Build Project - Colt SAA .45 & many more..

Thumbs up

Hi Marc,
    Thanks for the advice your blued SAA looks great with the white grips and that is exactly what I had in mind for myself!

Do you mind telling me approx how much the replacement grips cost and how long they took to be delivered.

Great pic's,by the way.

ATB,
    Mark.

I swap my grips around now and again.

At one stage a local retailer was selling the Colts at a very good price so I got a few!

I didn't know that Umarex will supply grips.
    Guess you would need a friendly dealer.

I have the Colt SAA's in all three UK available finishes,nickel,blued and antique, I prefer,though to leave them as they are rather than swap the grips around,but, of course I could.

The three I have are all BB versions,but I'd like the blued pellet version with white grips for a change!

I will ask my friendly RFD if he can get grips and report back.
    We could make up a bit of an order to make it worthwhile?

Yes,I would be very interested in doing that!

Hi Marc,
    Thanks for the advice your blued SAA looks great with the white grips and that is exactly what I had in mind for myself!

Do you mind telling me approx how much the replacement grips cost and how long they took to be delivered.

Great pic's,by the way.

ATB,
    Mark.
    Cheers mate, yeah i love my blued pellet version with the white grips, looks different and my brain does not get confusing by holding plastic wood then lol..

My local RFD charged me £25, i waited 1 month and still no grips (or the guns they was waiting on) as umarex can be very slow, my local RFD look after me very well so they ended up just giving me some grips off one of there stored away peacemakers as i was in a hurry to take some pictures, and they will replace them when the ones come from umarex..

ATB, Marc..
    Some of my favourite guns in. You collection, Umarex Beretta 92fs - Colt Custom 1911 - Walther Lever Action - TM Hi-Capa Custom Build Project - Colt SAA .45 & many more..

Quote Originally Posted by Marc.RG1 View Post
    Cheers mate, yeah i love my blued pellet version with the white grips, looks different and my brain does not get confusing by holding plastic wood then lol..

My local RFD charged me £25, i waited 1 month and still no grips (or the guns they was waiting on) as umarex can be very slow, my local RFD look after me very well so they ended up just giving me some grips off one of there stored away peacemakers as i was in a hurry to take some pictures, and they will replace them when the ones come from umarex..

ATB, Marc..

Thanks Marc,
    Mr Gingernut above has kindly said he will enquire at his RFD about replacement grips etc from Umarex I look forward to hearing what response he gets.

I'm also looking forward to the 7.5" barrelled SAA version arriving in the UK as presumably it will as it's already being sold in the States as you probably know.

Cheers,
    Mark.

Thanks Marc,
    Mr Gingernut above has kindly said he will enquire at his RFD about replacement grips etc from Umarex I look forward to hearing what response he gets.

I'm also looking forward to the 7.5" barrelled SAA version arriving in the UK as presumably it will as it's already being sold in the States as you probably know.

Cheers,
    Mark.
    Hi mark, hopefully gingernut will get back to you with some good news mate
    Yeah I'm looking forward to hopefully seeing the 7.5" barrel versions here to, I will be buying one if they do hit the UK market, sadly though a few of the umarex SAA peacemakers did not get released to us, the limited edition fully engraved versions, but more then likely the 7.5" barrel ones will as they are not limited edition, they also are doing a funky gold and silver version, I'll post pictures for you tomorrow if you have not seen it..
    ATB Marc

Quote Originally Posted by Marc.RG1 View Post
    Hi mark, hopefully gingernut will get back to you with some good news mate
    Yeah I'm looking forward to hopefully seeing the 7.5" barrel versions here to, I will be buying one if they do hit the UK market, sadly though a few of the umarex SAA peacemakers did not get released to us, the limited edition fully engraved versions, but more then likely the 7.5" barrel ones will as they are not limited edition, they also are doing a funky gold and silver version, I'll post pictures for you tomorrow if you have not seen it..
    ATB Marc

Thanks Marc,I have seen it and there are a couple of vids of it on youtube,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gT0HMU6u_es

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwUs5c1-dyA

Looking forward to this one,too,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEfeFelgU4o

The future looks bright,eh!

Cheers,
    Mark.

I was told by one RFD that Umarex did not do spare grips.
    But I will ring around tomorrow and report back.

Got mine out for a twirl yesterday.
    They are nice guns.

Fingers crossed!