A rambling thread : I was reading the "Airsporter" thread a few mins ago and it struck chords in my memory as when I first started to become interested in old air guns whenever I picked up a BSA that was either slightly different to others that I'd seen or had bits missing that I didn't have a pattern for, I'd phone up BSA and speak to their technical staff and they'd be very obliging in providing information including technical drawings (Blueprints etc) that I'd use to make replacement parts from. One person that I bored endlessly was Roger Wackrow who never failed to spend endless periods on the phone with me talking about BSA's development of post war Air Rifles, including the Airsporter series (information now long forgotten by me unfortunately). Anyway, the Airsporter thread triggered a memory, so I googled R W and found the following reference in John Walters "Guns and Gunmakers" (only the interesting (to me) part provided : British Patent no. 1428027 was sought on 6th April 1973 to protect the ill-fated BSA recoilless air rifle.

I've eventually got to the point of this posting, my memory has let me down, what's was the "BSA recoilless air rifle", as nothing obviously springs to mind in my case.

Thanks, Vic Thompson.