Thread: Front sight clear plastic element

Front sight clear plastic element

Where can I get a a clear plain plastic front sight element ie a blank with no hole so I can make my own size apiture hole.
    Last edited by BC312; 01-01-2017 at 06:32 PM.

Why not get the smallest one and just enlarge the hole?

Sight element

What size OD do you need?
    The currency for Wisdom is Respect. So please do not enter a transaction if you do not have the means to pay

a chap on that well known auction site makes them to any size to order, and I'm sure that a hole less one would be no problem for him. I've got a feeling that he's been discussed both on this site and Stirton, but I can't remember his details. Maybe this posting will stir a better mind than mine to remember his details.

Vic Thompson.
    Last edited by Vic Thompson; 02-01-2017 at 11:19 AM.

The diameter is 17mm with a step at the edge. Want to do some experimenting with different custom elements for a different style of shooting.

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.
    I make my own, just use a small one and then take it out to the size you require, I use a countersink bit, and twiddle it by hand, so I can carefully get the element size I want, and measure it with a vernier. With plastic ones by coming from both sides you can vary the thickness as well.

I also do the same with metal elements, and just a dust of matt black spray after.
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

Just need some blanks can make my own holes, anybody help.

Now made, laser cut at work with .2mm hole in the centre, took ten seconds to make 5.