Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HW35 Thumbhole stock.

HW35 Thumbhole stock.

Hi, seeking some advice on a HW35 Thumbhole stock. I was offered one of these today, it's definatly not mint, the bluing has seen better days but no rust, and the stock has been re finished. No dents or cracks but just a nasty brush on stain. Shoots ok and is 10.4 ftlbs .22 calibre. The owner wants £140. Is that a good deal, are they that rare? Any advice appreciated. John
    Theoben Fenman, Theoben Scirroco 2000, BSA Cadet Major, Webley Premier MK2, ASI Sniper!

£140 is ok for an HW35, the stocks an easy fix and power is about right, as its a thumb hole and I don't have one of them, if you don't want it let me know
    Steyr LP10, Steyr LP5,
    Vintage Collection - Walther LP53, HW77k Venom, BSF S20 Match, Original 35, ASI Target plus lots more

Hw35

The TH stock from the 70's was a limited run and sometimes go for silly money on that auction site. For £140 I would buy it asap. Mach 1.5
    Last edited by Mach 1.5; 02-01-2017 at 05:53 PM.

The Lochschaft '35 is one of the rarer ones http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Airs...ml?sort=6&o=45 and few were imported into this country. Almost as rare as the HW35 Safari.

HTH
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    I agree 100% with all that has been said by my learned colleagues above ... Only wish I'd never sold mine, but hey, hindsight is meant to be torturous and tormenting.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Yep,get it bought sharpish

HW35 Thumbhole stock.

I'd offer him a ton as it needs re-bluing & the stock re-finishing....you never know he might take it!

hw35 thumbhole stock

Hi, just an update to a very old post. I kinda forgot about this gun until recently, when I was bacķ in the shop asking if they had anything old and interesting! The owner said "got an old Weihrauch, but it's got a homemade stock on it" slightly interested I asked for a look. Then a little light went off in my head! I had seen it previously, hence the previous posting. This time I looked a little closer, it wasn't in too bad a condition, what looked like rust, was in fact the 'SMK B2 like' brown paint that covered the stock and half of the metalwork.. Anyway I bought it, the shop owner let me have it for less than a hundred quid as if had been there for years and because of the home made stock. I've now cleaned off all the brown paint and it's come out as a very original gun in nice condition. Of course the stock isn't home made, but a HW35 Loch Schaft. Walnut thumbhole stocķ, single sided safety. It's marked as Weihrauch on one side of the breech block and AFAK TELL 35. on the other side. Just wondered what the AFAK TELL inscription was all about. A distributor similar to Hull Cartridge I assume. Thanks John.
    Last edited by Joncaddy; 01-07-2018 at 07:09 AM.
    Theoben Fenman, Theoben Scirroco 2000, BSA Cadet Major, Webley Premier MK2, ASI Sniper!

A nice result for you, and of course we must see pictures 😀
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Joncaddy View Post
    Hi, just an update to a very old post. I kinda forgot about this gun until recently, when I was bacķ in the shop asking if they had anything old and interesting! The owner said "got an old Weihrauch, but it's got a homemade stock on it" slightly interested I asked for a look. Then a little light went off in my head! I had seen it previously, hence the previous posting. This time I looked a little closer, it wasn't in too bad a condition, what looked like rust, was in fact the 'SMK B2 like' brown paint that covered the stock and half of the metalwork.. Anyway I bought it, the shop owner let me have it for less than a hundred quid as if had been there for years and because of the home made stock. I've now cleaned off all the brown paint and it's come out as a very original gun in nice condition. Of course the stock isn't home made, but a HW35 Loch Schaft. Walnut thumbhole stocķ, single sided safety. It's marked as Weihrauch on one side of the breech block and AFAK TELL 35. on the other side. Just wondered what the AFAK TELL inscription was all about. A distributor similar to Hull Cartridge I assume. Thanks John.
    You must have misread the markings?
    It should say "AKAH" Tell35.

And you are right about AKAH being a German distributor.

-----------------------
    Frank

HW35 LochSchaft

Thank Frakor, just had a look with my glasses on, your right it says AKAH-TELL . Took some pictures, but as usual this site won't allow me to upload them, And in my profile notes it states 'You may NOT upload attatchments" been like this since I joined. 'Other' airgun forums allow direct uploads, and I have uploaded loads, but not here! Anyway thanks for the info. Regards John
    Last edited by Joncaddy; 02-07-2018 at 09:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joncaddy View Post
    a HW35 Loch Schaft. Walnut thumbhole stocķ, single sided safety.

Are you sure its walnut? Ive only ever seen beech.

Nice find.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Hw35 Lochschaft

I.J you may well be right, could be beech, I showed it to another gun dealer and he told me it was walnut, but at at the time the gun was covered in brown paint. I've removed all the paint now, and not so sure myself as its a kinda light brown colour. Inside the stock where it wasn't painted does look like walnut. Also had a brass trigger guard when I got it, which I've since replaced with a std weihrauch one. (thanks Vic).

If its an original HW35 LS it would be a Beech stock. A pic might help

LochSchaft

Thanks guys, like I said earlier the site won't allow me to upload pics. This is important to me so my email is johnsimmons9999@googlemail.com. drop me a line and I will send you the pics I took last night when they were requested hope this helps. John.