Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: F1 Chrony problems...

Quote Originally Posted by bozzer View Post
    ....If using indoors you can use the metal rods and diffusers and attach those little round multi LED light things under the diffusers pointed directly down onto sensors. You can use magnets on the top side of diffusers to hold lights in place. Works well......
    That's what I use, bright 24 LED lights which have a magnet built into the back. Something like THIS. Place a similar size strong rare earth (Neodymium) magnet above the diffuser.

I bought an F1 the other day from the bay of fleas (item 262693636587) and even though I'd read this thread and had owned one in the past so I am well aware they can be a bit hit or miss at times I still went ahead.
    I have used it twice this week,once on a cloudy day and today in sunshine around 12.30 ish and it has worked perfectly....no errors of any kind and has picked up every shot fired in .177 and .22.
    My guess is you have a faulty unit,when first switched on it ought to read AL with a swirly bracket thingy at both sides of the AL. I only used four of the rods rather than all eight and the extra centre piece which I think maybe for use down range rather than at the buisness end.
    Smile!...today is the day you worried about yesterday. :-)

Supanova II Weymouth....http://www.supanova-charters.co.uk/

Hellequin is offline I used to be indecisive.....
    Quote Originally Posted by weebster View Post
    I bought an F1 the other day from the bay of fleas (item 262693636587) and even though I'd read this thread and had owned one in the past so I am well aware they can be a bit hit or miss at times I still went ahead.
    I have used it twice this week,once on a cloudy day and today in sunshine around 12.30 ish and it has worked perfectly....no errors of any kind and has picked up every shot fired in .177 and .22.

My guess is you have a faulty unit, when first switched on it ought to read AL with a swirly bracket thingy at both sides of the AL. I only used four of the rods rather than all eight and the extra centre piece which I think maybe for use down range rather than at the buisness end.
    It does that mate. To be honest I think it it's the natural lighting conditions giving it problems at the mo as wen I use a couple of LED lights above the diffusers it works well.
    Wyrd bið ful aræd

Quote Originally Posted by Hellequin View Post
    It does that mate. To be honest I think it it's the natural lighting conditions giving it problems at the mo as wen I use a couple of LED lights above the diffusers it works well.
    Oh righty.....so alls well when switched on,I guess it's a wee bit more light sensitive than normal maybe.....or I was lucky enough to get one that works well regardless of light. My first one was a bit like yours in it would be a bit temperamental where and how you placed it even on bright days.
    Smile!...today is the day you worried about yesterday. :-)

Supanova II Weymouth....http://www.supanova-charters.co.uk/

It's not just the F1 that does this, my Skan used to become erratic when I was testing down our range in the woods, it seems they all need constant light conditions to work properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Artfull-Bodger View Post
    It's not just the F1 that does this, my Skan used to become erratic when I was testing down our range in the woods, it seems they all need constant light conditions to work properly.
    I agree. I've put a Skan, 2 Chronys, 2 Combros, a Caldwell and a Bluechron to the test, and I have found that they are all significantly affected by the light conditions, whatever the manufacturer's may say and whatever type of sensors they have. In particular, they are all affected by fluorescent lights and by bright sunlight, unless you shield them.

Alan

re Skan: I use a Skan in the garage under fluorescent lights. Skan is on the bench about 3ft from ground, lights are about 4 ft virtually directly above the Skan. I have never noticed any problems due to lighting. But then the sensors for the skan are inside the box 'tunnel' and there are green filters in the tunnel. So there is no other light shining directly down the tunnel except for any room light that gets bounced around the room.
    Cheers, Phil