Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fwb 800 ft

Fwb 800 ft

Hi guys.

I would like to know more about this rifle please, I don't really see them in a hft comp. So if you have one I would love to more about this and how dose it compare to my lg300 dominator and ftp900.

Thanks in advance.

I have one and love it. There are some potential issues however like losing zero but I have not come across any problems so far. The rifle is completely dead to shoot and groups are amazing. On the chronograph I am getting a spread of 4fps over 40 shots at 11.73FP with JSB 4.52.

I would post a piccy but don't have a clue how you do it or if you can do it!

http://i1034.photobucket.com/albums/...G_0370%201.jpg

See if that worked!
    Last edited by Snapper; 15-02-2016 at 10:53 AM.

I have just reviewed the 800 Basic FT (in the wooden stock), so get the Feb edition of Gun Mart and you'll see what I think (it may be on line, I've not looked).

In summary: It is a nice, well balanced rifle with a good trigger and a fast ish firing cycle. It is accurate, not too pellet fussy and much lighter than the FTP900. On pellets, I got my best groups with unlubed pellets.

The 800 Basic FT and 800X both use exactly the same action and in testing I suffered no POI shift, which did not surprise me.

Nice rifle, I liked it, but I shoot better with my Dominator... just, so mine went to a new home last week.

Quote Originally Posted by Snapper View Post
    I have one and love it. There are some potential issues however like losing zero but I have not come across any problems so far. The rifle is completely dead to shoot and groups are amazing. On the chronograph I am getting a spread of 4fps over 40 shots at 11.73FP with JSB 4.52.

I would post a piccy but don't have a clue how you do it or if you can do it!

http://i1034.photobucket.com/albums/...G_0370%201.jpg

See if that worked!
    Wow thst looks amazing I want one lol. I think I might have to sell my ftp900 and get the fwb 800 ft.
    Thanks for sharing mate.

Quote Originally Posted by NeilMac View Post
    I have just reviewed the 800 Basic FT (in the wooden stock), so get the Feb edition of Gun Mart and you'll see what I think (it may be on line, I've not looked).

In summary: It is a nice, well balanced rifle with a good trigger and a fast ish firing cycle. It is accurate, not too pellet fussy and much lighter than the FTP900. On pellets, I got my best groups with unlubed pellets.

The 800 Basic FT and 800X both use exactly the same action and in testing I suffered no POI shift, which did not surprise me.

Nice rifle, I liked it, but I shoot better with my Dominator... just, so mine went to a new home last week.
    Interesting mate. I've also got a dominator lg300 and it's shoots really well. I just love the way the fwb 800 ft looks with the black stock. Must say not a fan of the woden stock.

The wooden stock actually looks better in the flesh than in pictures. However, each to their own and as I say it's exactly the same action in both rifles.

There have been POI issues with the factory 16J 800X, but Jon Harris can fix them, or, you just talk to Jon, order a 10m Match version from your chosen source and send it to the Guru for conversion.

The advantage the 800X does have is much more adjustability, I am a little surprised that FWB haven't put the 16J action in the Universal stock, maybe it's a weight thing.

There are a few out and about now, I think Jon has done something like 20. If you could get the chance to try one, you should, they are a nice rifle.

Holywell, North Wales (twinned with Trumpville)
    My shooting buddy has one, I've been range shooting with him today. The gun is an absolute tack driver. He is so impressed with it, he's sold his Steyr. No POI issues with this one, it's spot on straight out of the box.

Were shooting again tomorrow so I will take some pics, and maybe even a short video for you to take a look at, and post them up tomorrow afternoon.

This is the model he has:

http://www.feinwerkbau.de/en/Sportin...0-Field-Target
    Is there such a thing as owning too many guns?

Quote Originally Posted by learningcurve View Post
    My shooting buddy has one, I've been range shooting with him today. The gun is an absolute tack driver. He is so impressed with it, he's sold his Steyr. No POI issues with this one, it's spot on straight out of the box.

Were shooting again tomorrow so I will take some pics, and maybe even a short video for you to take a look at, and post them up tomorrow afternoon.

This is the model he has:

http://www.feinwerkbau.de/en/Sportin...0-Field-Target
    They are the nuts!
    Not forgetting the Anschutz 8002 S2 converted to 16J
    http://jga.anschuetz-sport.com/cache...47_800_600.jpg
    Really nice!

And of course the faithful and lovely Walther LG400 converted to 16J
    http://www.carl-walther.de/assets/im.../2788063_1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by ags2k View Post
    Hi guys.

I would like to know more about this rifle please, I don't really see them in a hft comp. So if you have one I would love to more about this and how dose it compare to my lg300 dominator and ftp900.

Thanks in advance.
    I have the 800 ft Basic. Lovely gun. Main issue with the basic stock is the plastic cheek piece. no issue with plastic but it doesn't go high enough, even for an HFT scope. I ended up replacing it with a home made wooden cheekpiece.

gordon is offline it`s taken me 6 years to get so far...
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilMac View Post
    The wooden stock actually looks better in the flesh than in pictures. However, each to their own and as I say it's exactly the same action in both rifles.

There have been POI issues with the factory 16J 800X, but Jon Harris can fix them, or, you just talk to Jon, order a 10m Match version from your chosen source and send it to the Guru for conversion.

The advantage the 800X does have is much more adjustability, I am a little surprised that FWB haven't put the 16J action in the Universal stock, maybe it's a weight thing.

There are a few out and about now, I think Jon has done something like 20. If you could get the chance to try one, you should, they are a nice rifle.
    This is my P800X converted by Jon..http://s22.photobucket.com/user/chor...00X%20finished number 23 with a Tier One Bi pod and Bench Rest adaptors

Regards Gordon.
    Last edited by gordon; 16-02-2016 at 07:43 PM.
    ATB, Gordon.
    Professional Ferret Juggler

The fwb800 is good looking rifle and everyone I have tried is superb to shoot. Have not used a factory version though.

I nearly bought one from jon, but am using the anschutz 9015 from jon instead.

Matt

I think you made a wise choice there Matt.

Nothing wrong with the FWB, but your 9015 is something else.

Quite a difference between the factory and the modded 10m ones, both cost to put right.
    10m ones almost dead as they have a stabilisor and modded should we say robustly.

10m much quicker cycle rather than the subdued slowish wooley firing cycle of the factory jobbies.
    I can see rub marks on your cylinder Rob a sure sign.

All sorts of problems with grouping. This photo shows its attempt at a 10 shot 45yd group

http://i1034.photobucket.com/albums/...w/IMG_0365.jpg

Do you have problems with your scope mounting? Personally, I think that the gun resembles something I might have made with my Meccano set (thinks of the strange breech/loading lever.) What you really need is a BSA Meteor.

Andy
    Member, the Feinwerkbau Sport appreciation Society (over 50's chapter)
    http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu/ Andy, from the North !