Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Leaking HW100

Quote Originally Posted by Bladerunner too View Post
    The slow leak on the tube while off the gun is NOT normal (again relatively easy fix) but you are correct in saying that if the tube is on the gun an all other seals fine then there should be no leak.
    Great. Thanks for that. I was thinking of changing the seal on the rifle and then getting an A&M but I could do without shelling out £150. If the existing tube will be okay with a re-sealed rifle I might just do that.
    Nothing is enough for the man to whom enough is too little.

Quote Originally Posted by Cicero View Post
    Great. Thanks for that. I was thinking of changing the seal on the rifle and then getting an A&M but I could do without shelling out £150. If the existing tube will be okay with a re-sealed rifle I might just do that.
    have you found which end the leak is?

The chances are it's just a little dirt under the valve seat, easy to clean up and re lap the valve in.

Quote Originally Posted by Artfull-Bodger View Post
    have you found which end the leak is?

The chances are it's just a little dirt under the valve seat, easy to clean up and re lap the valve in.
    Spot on. I find most leaks are from the valve stem/breech block seal. Just spin the valve in the conical recess with a drill for about 10 secs and it usually re-seals.Wipe off any debris before fitting.

Quote Originally Posted by recipio View Post
    Spot on. I find most leaks are from the valve stem/breech block seal. Just spin the valve in the conical recess with a drill for about 10 secs and it usually re-seals.Wipe off any debris before fitting.
    Mmm. Looks a little more complicated than I thought. I will have a look on YouTube and see if there is an example there.
    Nothing is enough for the man to whom enough is too little.