Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Walnut stock

Would it not be feasible to get one of their stocks unfinished then find some one to say slim down the for end/scallop/hand checkering alter the cheek piece ?

Quote Originally Posted by Rapidnick View Post
    I'd like to see one of these AKD stocks. Not sure how rosewood would handle. Lovely to look at without a doubt but I've no idea how the weight distribution would make it feel. They certainly look very pretty and are reasonably priced..
    I did mail him and ask if he would make stocks in walnut with rose wood / ebony grip caps / forends, but he said he wouldn't, shame really as his work does look nice
    Last edited by MartynB; 07-01-2017 at 10:25 AM. Reason: Can't spell...

CS stocks

I have a CS stock on my MK4 that I use for field work it's well made and does the job the only down side is that the finish is parity naff.

http://www.gun-stocks.co.uk/home

Spoke to SP about a couple of projects on the phone,
    very helpful, and friendly,
    will work with high end wood in stock not mentioned till on the phone etc,
    can pattern up from bare stock pattern, definitely worth a chat,
    haven't ordered as yet, but think it's where i'l go further on,

edbear2 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by richywilk View Post
    Would it not be feasible to get one of their stocks unfinished then find some one to say slim down the for end/scallop/hand checkering alter the cheek piece ?
    This was a CS sporter with a Tyrolean butt (they will do them if asked) which was supplied unfinished as requested and I slimmed the front down a tad and tickled up other areas. It's not really designed for scope use obviously as I have iron sights on the TX, but maybe my mug is a wierd shape because I can use it with a scope without getting parrallax

It's also got a kilogram of Mallory metal glued in it as I like a heavy gun!

ATB, ED

Quote Originally Posted by Taz72 View Post
    I like customstocks stuff and have a CS800 on one of my 97's, which I'm happy with, albeit the grain on mine is decent rather than spectacular because it wasn't a graded piece of wood.

http://www.akdgunstocks.co.uk
    I was told by CS they don't do graded stocks as such,but for an extra £40 they will try and find a nice bit of wood etc.
    Shame Ginb retired but I guess the accident may have had some bearing on that.
    Smile!...today is the day you worried about yesterday. :-)

Supanova II Weymouth....http://www.supanova-charters.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by JMH123 View Post
    Make that 3. Basically the same stock John Darling had on his 80 when I was a lad reading Airgunner. Put me down for one please. I did try a CS500 but it was just a bit too heavy handed/ numb for me.
    I'd go for one too. I have the thumb hole version on my TX. I agree the 95 is better suited to a shorter.

Quote Originally Posted by weebster View Post
    I was told by CS they don't do graded stocks as such,but for an extra £40 they will try and find a nice bit of wood etc.
    Shame Ginb retired but I guess the accident may have had some bearing on that.
    They have long ceased to do graded stocks. I guess it is something to do with the wood prices making it uneconomical to produce a stcok.

A.G

Quote Originally Posted by lensman57 View Post
    They have long ceased to do graded stocks. I guess it is something to do with the wood prices making it uneconomical to produce a stcok.

A.G
    Now you mention it I seem to recall they did advertise the fact they graded stocks,must have been a few years ago since I looked at the CS stocks website/bay ads so maybe I saw it from way back but they certainly don't do them now.

But why oh why don't CS do the inletting for the LGU? Must be a lot of us who love the LGU action (especially with a bit of tuning) but find the stock just too crude and chunky for a sensitive hold. Can't be that difficult to set up and tool a CNC copy machine, can it?

My 2 80s have CS500 and are of clearly different grades -Guess I've been lucky. One has a darker wood.

Have you considered refinishing a standard 80 stock?

Currently trying out on one of mine that I had lying redundant. Coming up really nicely so far. Think I've got one coat of oil to go until I add the sheen protector. Relatively small job but you have to take your time.

Quote Originally Posted by edbear2 View Post
    This was a CS sporter with a Tyrolean butt (they will do them if asked) which was supplied unfinished as requested and I slimmed the front down a tad and tickled up other areas. It's not really designed for scope use obviously as I have iron sights on the TX, but maybe my mug is a wierd shape because I can use it with a scope without getting parrallax

ATB, ED
    Very nice

Quote Originally Posted by Zomboid View Post
    My 2 80s have CS500 and are of clearly different grades -Guess I've been lucky. One has a darker wood.

Have you considered refinishing a standard 80 stock?

Currently trying out on one of mine that I had lying redundant. Coming up really nicely so far. Think I've got one coat of oil to go until I add the sheen protector. Relatively small job but you have to take your time.
    I had 2 CS800's like that,the one I got for the R7mfr was very nice but the one I got for the aa410 was like looking at hardwood faced plywood!

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Quote Originally Posted by edbear2 View Post

ATB, ED
    Nice "Tyro" Ed, I own similar on a lefty CS500 with a 95 !
    “An airgun or two”………