Thread: CO2 pistol with adjustable sights.

CO2 pistol with adjustable sights.

I'm in the market for a CO2 semi-auto.
    The Crosman 3576W / Vigilante has everything I need:
    Adjustable sights.
    Single and Dual action trigger.
    Removable magazine.
    Pellet shooting with a rifled barrel.

I've had several 3576Ws before but is there anything else out there that fits the bill?

357 Crosman

Not knocking the Crosman - ...but tongue in cheek why buy current model or new when some the older ones are just as good ? They will cost a bit more , but you can get better for the money by browsing the 'back catalogue'.

The original 357 in 6" or best 8" , and if you can get it the original metal 8" barrel assembly even better .
    Plus its a proper grip - the frame has a backstrap as on all revolver styles that goes around the frame .

The later current style all have a grip frame hidden within the two plastic clam shell grip plates ...awful .
    It serves only to secure the Co2 bulb and make a base for those awful grips ....And yes I have one - awful .
    The grip 'pegs' can snap off too .
    Am keeping it only as spares for my early one
    The current model whilst it looks nice is basically the same gun with cosmetic bits added....

The previous 'name' for these were the 3576 GT and 3574 GT - by circa 2000 onwards they dropped the 8" and certainly the metal 8" .
    Not sure when they went skinny frame - read it somewhere then found it all out for myself after spending out .

How about the umarex 177 Smith & Wesson 6'', its a much better quality revolver. but a lot more money, but its built like a tank and if anything did need replacing in the future you can buy spare parts for them..

I have never been a lover on the revolvers with fake cylinders though like the umarex 686 or the 357 crosman, but the quality is definitely there with the umarex 686..

Its a bit different, but if your after a 'True' semi auto pistol, These are your best bet, they are not pellet, but as realistic as your get and both have fully adjustable sights, have a look at these..

Tanfoglio limited custom..

https://www.surplusstore.co.uk/air-w...ustom-177.html

Sig 226 S5..

https://www.surplusstore.co.uk/air-w...o2-pistol.html

ATB, Marc..
    Some of my favourite guns in. You collection, Umarex Beretta 92fs - Colt Custom 1911 - Walther Lever Action - TM Hi-Capa Custom Build Project - Colt SAA .45 & many more..

if you want a crosman look for a 38t or c which the later 357 was based on (magazines fro the later ones interchange with the 357)
    might take longer to find one but much better quality
    http://i1341.photobucket.com/albums/...pswxvlzs7y.jpg
    these are late 3rd variant t and c in .177

Don't forget the GAMO Revolver

The Gamo R77 - take your pick as like the Crosman 357 they have different names but are all really the same frame revamped ..... 2" snubby , 4" usually seen model and the 6" Classic - in wood grips . Rotating cylinder too , adjustable sights all the above ....

If your heart is set on a revolver-alike, the 38c/t are both rather nice, but not easy to find. The Gamo R77 is a very nice pistol with a full revolving cylinder and shoots well with Hobbies, well seated- very accurate too- my wife managed a 0.5" grouping freehand without even trying at 6yd...the first shot took the bull out cleanly

Noting that you are being pellet specific (not BB), the Umarex S&W is a very accurate pistol too...but possibly also consider the CP88 or 1911 Umarexes. Technically revolvers, but with the removable mag stashed inside a mock auto body. Very nice pistols although not fitted with adjustable sights as standard. I have both and have fitted adjustables to them...makes the world of difference

Having said that, my current "go-to" pistol is an ASG CZ75 P-09 CO2 blowback with 16 shot double ended mag, kitted out with a moderator and red dot. Great fun to shoot, and no slough on accuracy with the dot fitted.

Not had an R77 (also sold as an RWS/Diana with a 6" barrel).

The Crosman is decent and good value. Like others here, I'd plump for an older one, or a 38C/T.

Umarex 5/686 is very good. So are the CP88 and the 92. The Colt 1911, CP99, and C225 are a bit less good, IMHO.

The aftermarket adjustable "target" sights for the Umarex 88/92/99/1911 are now like hen's teeth. £50-75 if/when you can find them.

Thanks for the ideas.
    The R77 is nice but doesn't have a removable magazine.
    I need a pistol which I can load up several magazines and keep shooting without messing about with pellets.
    My mate had the S&W and I really didn't like it, it seemed down on power compared to the 3576W too.
    Hmm, what about the C40? Not a revolver style but it looks to have everything.

C40

Lost my way onto other threads , and did not register 'revolver' as alike to the wheel mag semi autos - sorry

I have a few of these semi auto / pellet mag wheel airpistols - no favourites really but as you mention a C40 - very nice airpistol from personal experience .
    I find the Umarex low power . I really need a Chrono to prove what I think - but it seems that way , whereas an American airpistol always seems to come with better ooooomphh out of the factory . Nothing to get worried about - not more than - again I think without a Chrno about 1- 1.5ft more ft'/b .

Anyway back to the C40 .
    And as I am waiting to go out to work ......
    A mini review of the C40

- Unlike many American things - all metal
    - Beautiful Black or Silver - former is a semi gloss and looks miles better than the current Unarex finish . Latter silver actually looks like satin chrome - super
    nice and very realistic
    - Very (!) realistic heft and weight .
    - Cheap as chips Magazines unlike Umarex types - at this price buy 15 and use 3 and then throw away those that wear - they are plastic after all .
    - No wear to the Front Slide / Fixing Screw -as with some Umarex - I like the way the Slide bangs forward but - causes wear if the front long screw is loose .
    C40 by comparison is a tip-up - and with a neat soft plastic nozzle to the Valve - retracts in easily when you close the Slide .

After sayng that , and as a fledgling Collector of all things Airgun .... I have only ever seen the C40 once - and I bought it !
    Not rare but not often do you come across one.
    Not saying its my favourite but .....but my all black C40 wont be going anywhere .

The other little treasure I found - and am delighted with is the all plastic Model 1008 - same idea just no weight in it ...but sweet little plinker .

I had a 1008 years ago and would have another, but there don't seem to be any around.
    Okehampton have a C40, but they're too far away for me.
    Will keep looking.