Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Airguns in Movies

Cadet

I may have started something ...and also may have mixed up Me Guns
    I have seen BSA Cadets being used in a movie at a Fairground stand - recently and may have gotten Tim Dalton's Bond mixed with anther movie also seen recently where Haenal 49's were used .

The Crosman Bckpacker with added 'au sci-fi' cosmetics was one that the villain arms dealer ( played by Joe Don Baker ) had in his under table storage display case .... )

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by Rooti McNote View Post

In this clip? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrONotIe57c Sorry to be a PITA, but that's not a Skan either!
    Quote Originally Posted by 45flint View Post

It's really a prop gun see this post at the end;
    http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Bourne_Supremacy,_The

Well I'll be the wotsits wotsit of a wotsit !!! You are both clearly right, and I am clearly wrong ... That'll teach me to believe a thread on the BBS, won't it (lol) ???

You see, it was mooted on here many years back that the gun in the scene in question, in the film in question, was actually a Skan, and as this was not challenged at that time, and as said prop gun 'generically' looks a little Skan-like (well, the pistol grip does lol), I -- and possibly many others -- took this as Gospel.

So despite me loving Skan take-down air rifles, the trilogy of Bourne films, and having watched them many many times (but only just now with my eyes properly wide open), I chose (maybe wished) to believe said gun was a Skan ... Oh well, we all live and learn, don't we?

After all, every day is a school day, isn't it? Sorry if I caused any confusion ... Blimey, so its not a Skan air gun. You'll be telling me next that Father Christmas doesn't exist ???

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

I seem to remember a Webley Hawk mk1 in Trainspotting.

harry mac is offline You can't say muntjack without saying mmmmm
    Quote Originally Posted by oneseven View Post
    I remember seeing a BSA supersport in Kes, used by the boy to shoot songbirds to feed his kestrel.
    It's a Meteor.
    Webley Hawk Mk1 used to shoot the bull terrier in the bollocks in Trainspotting.
    The South of England has 2 good things, the M1 and the A1. Both will take you to Yorkshire.

Air guns in movies

Norman Wisdom was in a film called up in the world when a snotty kid shoots him up the Harris with a BSA Cadet and then asks him did it hurt , un understatement I recon , I know you shouldn't laugh but the scene is funny , it's on YouTube at the start of the film.

Rgds kev

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    Well I'll be the wotsits wotsit of a wotsit !!!

I though perhaps the Nemesis TDR in the film poster looked a bit 'Skanny', so maybe that's where the myth started...?

If you can ever get to one of the BBS airgun weekends at T20's place Gareth, please remind me to bring along my silver Skan, and you would be most welcome to spray some lead down-range with it.

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire

If you can ever get to one of the BBS airgun weekends at T20's place Gareth, please remind me to bring along my silver Skan, and you would be most welcome to spray some lead down-range with it.
    Cool.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

I remember seeing a BSA supersport in Kes, used by the boy to shoot songbirds to feed his kestrel.
    Sorry to be a pain, but I'd have guessed that "Kes" was out a long time before The Supersport.

Also, which rifle was it in "Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels"? I've only ever watched it once, so memory's a bit sketchy, and it was years ago. I'm thinking of the scene where the hippy types are defending themselves from the heavies.

I'd always thought that it was a FWB Sport, but I think it was nice Phil McRooti who corrected me previously on this and pointed out what rifle it was??????
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Also, which rifle was it in "Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels"? I've only ever watched it once, so memory's a bit sketchy, and it was years ago. I'm thinking of the scene where the hippy types are defending themselves from the heavies.

I'd always thought that it was a FWB Sport, but I think it was nice Phil McRooti who corrected me previously on this and pointed out what rifle it was??????
    I think that movie database showed it to be a modest Chinese B2 Tone.

Acvok was used in IF by malcom mcdowel

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Sorry to be a pain, but I'd have guessed that "Kes" was out a long time before The Supersport.

I stand corrected!

I think that movie database showed it to be a modest Chinese B2 Tone.
    Cheers again, young Phil.

Really must watch that again.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

I stand corrected!
    No worries; we're all here to help and share.

Love that film; sad at the end, though.

Anyone know what rifle he DID use?

A quick google search revealed an archived thread on here from July 2009.

Kes - one poster said it was a Meteor; another a Diana 25.

Let's not forget this old movie.

(Nod to Trev).
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.