Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Original /Diana commemorative model 45 80s

Original /Diana commemorative model 45 80s

Yr opinion on these . I can buy one in good nick. Its said to be from early 80s.
    Commemorative for 90? years of Mayer und Grammelspracher.
    Has 2 logo's embedded on both sides of the stock, like this:
    http://picturearchive.gunauction.com...4a03a63d49.jpg

Whats accuracy like? How do they shoot? Whats the trigger like?
    ATB,
    yana

These are generally highly rated by those who have owned them. If you look under the thread "RWS 45" below, this will tell you about the model 45. It's the same gun in a different stock. Personally, I do not believe the Jubilee model is worth much of a premium over a standard model.

Good luck with your purchase.

As above , its a good rifle this one was released in 1980 I'm not keen on the inlays but it was a collectors piece.In Germany they had the 35s as the anniversary model.

Quote Originally Posted by hwtyger View Post
    Yr opinion on these . I can buy one in good nick. Its said to be from early 80s.
    Commemorative for 90? years of Mayer und Grammelspracher.
    Has 2 logo's embedded on both sides of the stock, like this:
    http://picturearchive.gunauction.com...4a03a63d49.jpg

Whats accuracy like? How do they shoot? Whats the trigger like?
    Diana is selling one right now on eGun as part of its collectables sell off:

http://www.egun.de/market/item.php?id=6239049
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    Diana is selling one right now on eGun as part of its collectables sell off:

http://www.egun.de/market/item.php?id=6239049
    It would seem that mine has the wrong front sight as the ones I've seen to date have had the wrap around foresight.

Quote Originally Posted by landymick View Post
    It would seem that mine has the wrong front sight as the ones I've seen to date have had the wrap around foresight.
    Not necessarily. I've seen both foresight types in use on rifles dated from '81 and '82. Quite conceivable both were in use in 1980 as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew451 View Post
    Not necessarily. I've seen both foresight types in use on rifles dated from '81 and '82. Quite conceivable both were in use in 1980 as well.
    I'd like to think so,i have seen both as you say my 45 Anniversary was second hand so I don't know for sure.

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew451 View Post

These are generally highly rated by those who have owned them. If you look under the thread "RWS 45" below, this will tell you about the model 45. It's the same gun in a different stock. Personally, I do not believe the Jubilee model is worth much of a premium over a standard model.
    I truly LOVE the Original 45, and believe it to be one of the best production run break-barrel air rifles of all time. I have had examples in .177, .20 and .22 over the years, and all three were fantastic in both performance and build, with (imho), the .20 version being the very best, and my .20 example (sold when skint) is still sorely missed from my collection to this day. This all said, however, I, too, personally, would not pay a premium just to have a Jubilee model. If the price is right and condition good, however, and you really want the Jubilee variant, buy it, because you won't regret it.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Anniversary m45

Sold a few m45 rifles over last 12 months just had too many.
    But I love them too hence I had so many just storage was a issue.
    Can't even remember the numbers made for the anniversary 45 but love mine .
    Collectors will pay what they will but it is only after all a m45 in 177 with a few inlet plates with images.

Nice examples of the Annie model 45 have decent value. Always worth a punt at right price.
    Best out the box Springer I have had .

Quote Originally Posted by original45 View Post
    Sold a few m45 rifles over last 12 months just had too many.
    But I love them too hence I had so many just storage was a issue.
    Can't even remember the numbers made for the anniversary 45 but love mine .
    Collectors will pay what they will but it is only after all a m45 in 177 with a few inlet plates with images.

Nice examples of the Annie model 45 have decent value. Always worth a punt at right price.
    Best out the box Springer I have had .
    I have visions of them spilling out of your house when you opened the front door.

M45

Not so much the front door but was well in to double figures but I'm getting their .
    Like any addict recovery takes dedication and commitment lol

Tnx all good to hear they are good buys. Was thinking of using it for Vintage/Open class postage competition.
    Guess its a better choice than a Webley Hawke than
    ATB,
    yana

Quote Originally Posted by hwtyger View Post
    Tnx all good to hear they are good buys. Was thinking of using it for Vintage/Open class postage competition.
    Guess its a better choice than a Webley Hawke than
    They are atleast most of what ive shot very nice to shoot and accurate.
    My first 45 bought me by parents on early 80 dave pope and son Steve tuned and made for a improved action. The rear guides arnt fantastic so they made one solid replaced spring trigger spring attention and carefully closed up the diameter of the rear cylinder around trigger unit.
    They retained leather seal but used blotting paper to remove oil and re lubed it.
    Was much improved .
    The 45 was factory recalled over failing steel safety which should have been replaced with plastic type .However I only have seen one plastic safety all the others are the steel blade type.
    You shouldn't be disapointed very wellfinished .

Does anyone own one of the SB or SBS versions of the 45, Original did in the early 80's?

I remember the ads from the AGW but have never seen one in the flesh, in fact i'd say they were rarer than the Anniversary!
    Last edited by coburn; 06-01-2017 at 02:29 PM.

M45

I think the s bs had no sights meant for a scope ,barrel end weight and sling,not sure on sb version.

I bought one of a police man years ago,he had it from New and he said it was sold as a scope dedicated version Had no sights no sling ever fitted but had a barrel end weight however he took it off and mislaid it.

I did buy one for spares too had no crimes or dovetails in barrel end for sights pree 80 from memory 78/79

Also one with two sets of dovetails both top and bottom ,that was weird.
    Had a couple with chequered pistol grips too.