Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Original /Diana commemorative model 45 80s

Whats the problem with the trigger on the O45 ?

The rifle suddenly started firing when the barrel was closed or when the safety was clicked off. I think I may start a new thread so I don't mangle this one any further...

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    Yes. 45S, no sights, muzzle weight. 45SB, same, 4x20. 45SBS, same, 4x28. According to John Walter these were designations made up by UK importer Frank Dyke, the factory calling them all the 45S. I speculate that the reason is that Frank Dyke matched them with "Original" brand scopes, whereas almost everywhere else they were sold as Dianas, RWS, Gecado, etc.
    Just returned from my AGW collection in the attic and in Jan 1982 Original advertised the 45SB, with muzzle weight and sling and the 45SBS the same but with addition of an Original 2.5x32 scope. Both rifles were in .22. However the add shows the 45SB but with what looks like a 4x20 scope with integral one piece mount!

The following month Jim Johnson Airguns in Norbury SW London had the 45SB at £68.25, a £6 premium over the std 45! Oh and that same month I bought my HW80 a mile up the road from Johnson's in Streatham Armoury for £72.50.

There may have been variations around this theme as you mention if Frank Dykes knocked these up from stock items.

Quote Originally Posted by Duggan View Post
    Nice them Karl

John..
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Jubille Centenary Model 1555

This Jubilee model has been in my possession for over 30 years !

This rifle has been for sale before for £350.00

This rifle did not reach a reserve at a auction so I have asked for it to be withdrawn 😂

Any one interested to pay me by cheque £300.00 plus P/P

Why pay this ! its Mint, its a limited edition of 2000 it has dioptre and open sights. Some nice leaflets. I have never fired it 😎

Sorry I am Old and stubborn (said by the wife) therefore no movement on price 😝
    ATB
    abewilson.
    ''The earth is but one country and mankind its citizens''
    Baha'u'llah 1817-1892.