Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Original /Diana commemorative model 45 80s

Did the SB/SBS not refer to the scope fitted? I do remember these and think the wee ribbed muzzle brake is still made as you can still get an HW35E with a very similar looking piece. Never seen one with checkering in the flesh but have done on some US examples on the net.
    Just checked my current pair and both have plastic safety's but different foresights. They're a year apart; 81 and 82, with the 82 being a Gecado.
    I think I'm developing the habit as well.
    Last edited by Drew451; 06-01-2017 at 03:42 PM.

At around 81 I think SB & SBS models, intended for scope use only fitted with a 4x20 for SB & 4x28 for SBS scope IIRC.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew451 View Post
    Did the SB/SBS not refer to the scope fitted? I do remember these and think the wee ribbed muzzle brake is still made as you can still get an HW35E with a very similar looking piece. Never seen one with checker ingredients in the flesh but have done on some US examples on the net.
    Just checked my current pair and both have plastic safety's but different foresights. They're a year apart; 81 and 82, with the 82 being a Gecado.
    I think I'm developing the habit as well.
    It's a bug . The safety units are all plastic ,earlier ones I have are slightly different looking hardly noticeable ,it's the little stop under Meath the plastic safety ,from production most were a steel strip that once safety is engaged covers trigger Mechanism part to stop it being released. They can be bent out of shape missing stop point thus failing.
    I seem to remember buying one that had different forestock end too.

Kind of moved off the 45 to the 52 models for a while.
    The most uncommon model I've ever seen was the original 228. Nice junior model.

Always loved the 45, story went I wanted the vulcan,my old man said it wasn't as well engineered and bought me the 45
    My mate came around with his vulcan and I cut my finger on rough safety on his vulcan.

Still wasn't happy but came to realize he was spot on my old man in years to come.
    Earlier stocks had really nice grain too.

Is this the wee steel strip housed in the recess in the underside of the safety catch? Flat on top but shaped on the underside? Mine looks unmolested (i think)and thus I discounted it from the problems I'm having with the gun. I do know I'm missing a circlip and the previous owner has modified the trigger like you wouldn't believe. Which may be the problem.

My early ones were rather plain but were a very light shade & the area around the top of the pistol grip was a bit fatter than the later ones.

Is this the wee steel strip housed in the recess in the underside of the safety catch? Flat on top but shaped on the underside? Mine looks unmolested (i think)and thus I discounted it from the problems I'm having with the gun. I do know I'm missing a circlip and the previous owner has modified the trigger like you wouldn't believe. Which may be the problem.
    That will be it, early is a flat thin strip & modified is a plough type blade.

Great, thanks. I take in the strip should be closed and not open ended?

Here is my Gecado 45. Rougher than it looks but with potential. I picked this up locally. They're all coming out of the woodwork up here due to the licensing. The woodwork is darker than my other one.

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/4chd7pvi0...jtDFUsGb4l5eSa
    Last edited by Drew451; 06-01-2017 at 04:27 PM.

Smile

I've a couple of 45's and an action with no stock!!

THIS ONE is a .177 Jubilee mod that I bought off here, It must have had the wraparound foresight and someone must have removed it with an axe as the end of the barrel is chewed up to death!! Also the panels and badge were removed so I made two walnut panels to go in to the recesses!!

THESE TWO are .22cal, The one in the stock had the thick nut and washer fitted years ago and the gun wouldn't cock! It was oversprung (And dripping with Copperslip! ) I removed the packing and a huge amount of copper grease and gun shoots rather nicely now!

The action just needs a stock now! Hope to drop on one at the Melbourne fayre one day!!

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Heres my ones a .22, the .177 and .20 calibre havent lost their virginity yet! A liitle Original rifle mixed in with, which I actually like the most.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by landymick View Post
    At around 81 I think SB & SBS models, intended for scope use only fitted with a 4x20 for SB & 4x28 for SBS scope IIRC.
    Yes. 45S, no sights, muzzle weight. 45SB, same, 4x20. 45SBS, same, 4x28. According to John Walter these were designations made up by UK importer Frank Dyke, the factory calling them all the 45S. I speculate that the reason is that Frank Dyke matched them with "Original" brand scopes, whereas almost everywhere else they were sold as Dianas, RWS, Gecado, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    Yes. 45S, no sights, muzzle weight. 45SB, same, 4x20. 45SBS, same, 4x28. According to John Walter these were designations made up by UK importer Frank Dyke, the factory calling them all the 45S. I speculate that the reason is that Frank Dyke matched them with "Original" brand scopes, whereas almost everywhere else they were sold as Dianas, RWS, Gecado, etc.
    Sounds right, I believe Frank dyke as the importer did a few limited model originals , got several original model 52 "classic" dyke specials with French walnut thumb hole stocks.
    I did once see a 38 classic with t h stock too
    Sure I remember reading one of the sb models had sling?.

Great, thanks. I take in the strip should be closed and not open ended?

Here is my Gecado 45. Rougher than it looks but with potential. I picked this up locally. They're all coming out of the woodwork up here due to the licensing. The woodwork is darker than my other one.

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/4chd7pvi0...jtDFUsGb4l5eSa
    It looks ok on the out side I have a rough project one as well but needs a few trigger parts & the stock pin & grommets.

Quote Originally Posted by landymick View Post
    It looks ok on the out sides have rough project one as well but needs a few trigger parts.
    That one, the Gecado, is sound but cosmetically rough. It's my .177 O45 that needs trigger parts at least.

Quote Originally Posted by original45 View Post
    Sounds right, I believe Frank dyke as the importer did a few limited model originals , got several original model 52 "classic" dyke specials with French walnut thumb hole stocks.
    I did once see a 38 classic with t h stock too
    Sure I remember reading one of the sb models had sling?.
    According to Walters books, the 45S' models had sling swivels.