Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: HW100 hell, help needed!

Quote Originally Posted by Knockedover View Post
    There were a few issues all in all. The first issue that was causing the biggest problem was a bent cocking linkage that was not allowing the pellet probe to go fully forward and seal on the breech seal so air was escaping at the breech. The cocking lever wouldn't fully close due to the bent lever and also the replacement rear hammer section that the groove was slightly shallower in that meant that the pin that locates in it was too long and was wedging as the lever was pushed forward. About half a mm off the pin solved that one. The breech seal was also missing, no doubt blown out by the probe not reaching. So a few bits each causing issue, a new linkage and breech seal and a bit of tweaking had it running perfectly in a matter of a couple of hours
    Nice One, a good source of info and well done that man.

atb

Bri

Quote Originally Posted by Knockedover View Post
    There were a few issues all in all. The first issue that was causing the biggest problem was a bent cocking linkage that was not allowing the pellet probe to go fully forward and seal on the breech seal so air was escaping at the breech. The cocking lever wouldn't fully close due to the bent lever and also the replacement rear hammer section that the groove was slightly shallower in that meant that the pin that locates in it was too long and was wedging as the lever was pushed forward. About half a mm off the pin solved that one. The breech seal was also missing, no doubt blown out by the probe not reaching. So a few bits each causing issue, a new linkage and breech seal and a bit of tweaking had it running perfectly in a matter of a couple of hours
    I am glad that you persevered with it. Now you can see what all the fuss with HW 100 is all about. Bent pellet probe, I wonder how the hell the previous owner managed this?

A.G

Quote Originally Posted by lensman57 View Post
    I am glad that you persevered with it. Now you can see what all the fuss with HW 100 is all about. Bent pellet probe, I wonder how the hell the previous owner managed this?

A.G
    can`t see anywhere it says a bent pellet probe or anything to do with a previous owner.
    1 Rapid+sentinal n/v, 1 HW100+ Mamba lite

don't go inside unless you are sure off what you are doing these are complicated rifles springs washers ball bearings I went in one once regreted it took my mate a gunsmith to sort it .great guns but leave well alone you have been warned

Quote Originally Posted by Bladerunner too View Post
    can`t see anywhere it says a bent pellet probe or anything to do with a previous owner.
    Good on you. I got the impression that the OP had bought it 2nd hand , perhaps I could be wrong. A bent cocking lever was the culprit as you pointed out and not a probe.

A.G
    Last edited by lensman57; 15-01-2017 at 06:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by boko View Post
    don't go inside unless you are sure off what you are doing these are complicated rifles springs washers ball bearings I went in one once regreted it took my mate a gunsmith to sort it .great guns but leave well alone you have been warned
    Too be honest,these guns are pretty easy to work on if it`s only seals,gets a little harder if changing the hammer, (done mine) it`s a case of take your time an double check everthing

Quote Originally Posted by lensman57 View Post
    Good on you. I got the impression that the OP had bought it 2nd hand , perhaps I could be wrong. A bent cocking lever was the culprit as you pointed out and not a probe.

A.G
    no worries,i often read words that arn`t there,