Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: .308W loads

I'd personally look at the 155 scenar mate 45.5 grains of wildbore in my armalon was getting 2880 could have easily gone higher than that but it was so consistent last time out with maggot it was one hoping for 5 rounds @200. I played with every bullet weight from 155-210 in the 308 and unless it's an uber special set up I came to the conclusion that 155 is optimal

Quote Originally Posted by dannywayoflife View Post
    I'd personally look at the 155 scenar mate 45.5 grains of wildbore in my armalon was getting 2880 could have easily gone higher than that but it was so consistent last time out with maggot it was one hoping for 5 rounds @200. I played with every bullet weight from 155-210 in the 308 and unless it's an uber special set up I came to the conclusion that 155 is optimal
    I like the Scenar, a nice long bullet for the weight and very accurate, shame about the cost but the 250 odd I had came FOC and nothing shoots like a free quality bullet
    You Cannot Reason People Out of Something They Were Not Reasoned Into
    "Politicians like to panic, they need activity. It is their substitute for achievement" Sir Humphry Appleby

Nick, you won't go far wrong with 155gr Scenar/Match King over N140.

Mine shoots very well with 2156 Match Kings and 44.5gr N140. The powder is cheap too when bought in bulk.

Cheers Danny, did you get my text about dies?
    Work them hard, treat them like heros.

Quote Originally Posted by Fox121 View Post
    Nick, you won't go far wrong with 155gr Scenar/Match King over N140.

Mine shoots very well with 2156 Match Kings and 44.5gr N140. The powder is cheap too when bought in bulk.
    Cheers Justin, Ive got N140 which is handy
    Work them hard, treat them like heros.

Quote Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
    I like the Scenar, a nice long bullet for the weight and very accurate, shame about the cost but the 250 odd I had came FOC and nothing shoots like a free quality bullet
    Cost??? Jeez if you buy them buy the 1000 box you can't get many bullets cheaper....

Nick negative mate I've changed number pm me your number matey.

Cost??? Jeez if you buy them buy the 1000 box you can't get many bullets cheaper....

Nick negative mate I've changed number pm me your number matey.
    That's why you didn't reply to my text the other day then mate!?
    Thanks for looking

A leisurely twist rate like 1:12 really means that you are limited to the lighter bullets - you'll note that most of the posters here are recommending a 155gr bullet of one kind or another.

My own Krico 650SS has shot 155gr Lapua Scenars since forever, having settled on the most effective load out to 900m - I've never shot further than that. I'm not going to give any load details, except to agree that those here suit their guns very well.

Doing your own testing means never having to say to a well-meaning pal that 'your load really screwed up my gun!!!'

Remember that the original AI - as issued for service sniping - also shot a 155gr bullet with great effect on the BGs.

tac

My biggest problem with the .308 at a 1000 is that the K31 is so much more satisfying, and with iron sights no clicks to count win win
    "Politicians like to panic, they need activity. It is their substitute for achievement" Sir Humphry Appleby

My biggest problem with the .308 at a 1000 is that the K31 is so much more satisfying, and with iron sights no clicks to count win win
    My biggest problem with the .308 at 100 (or any other range) is winding the windage the right way!
    Thanks for looking

Quote Originally Posted by Boydy47 View Post
    My biggest problem with the .308 at 100 (or any other range) is winding the windage the right way!
    whats windage?

Randy Bohannon is offline “Junes1 is a whining bellend”
    whats windage?

It comes out of your arseage Kenny.
    "An infinite number of monkeys banging away at type writers for an infinite period of time will eventually reproduce Hamlet" Thanks to discussion forums we now know this to be untrue.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lord Flashheart View Post
    It comes out of your arseage Kenny.
    FU! don't you have a dedicated thread to service ?

FU! don't you have a dedicated thread to service ?
    amirs on every thread lol

You have a .308 Win calibre K31?

Oy.

tac
    www.swissrifles.com