Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Just when i thought i coulnt get any worse

Just when i thought i coulnt get any worse

My bad luck continues at the end of 2016 I got broken into and my lovely Honda CR250 MX bike and my sons Suzuki RM250 were stolen I was gutted as I cant afford to replace them due to ill health, then this week I`d sold quite a few of my collectable airguns as I`d decided to buy one last PCP as I just fancied another one after I sold my last PCP a few years back so I saw a nice Daystate Huntsman classic on here and bought it off Anwar who is a great guy to deal with he posted it on the 4/1 and it was due to be delivered today I tracked it this morning and the tracking handnt been updated since the day Anwar dropped it off at the post office so I phoned Parcelforce and they didn't have a clue what had happened to it and couldn't give me an answer they said phone back on Monday so its either been stolen as its not been updated or delivered or its gone to Belfast for testing either way not good but Parcelforce at the time didn't know anything about it, when using Parcelforce its at your own risk and the maximum compensation is only £100 so anybody else thinking about using this service please bear this in mind,
    I`m absolutely gutted about this and has ruined my airgun collecting plus the earache ive had off my Mrs for throwing away nearly £500 and I cant blame her!

Andy

Bloody hell, Andy.

Feel for you, buddy; that's some terrible luck that you're having.

Fingers crossed that the Daystate mystery is resolved to your satisfaction.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Bloody hell, Andy.

Feel for you, buddy; that's some terrible luck that you're having.

Fingers crossed that the Daystate mystery is resolved to your satisfaction.
    ive never felt so low Tony I too hope it does get sorted but I'm not holding my breath
    thanks mate...Andy

Andy, that's some terrible bad luck bud

I recently worked for a Junior MX company which mainly sold KTM 50,65,85 & 125 stuff.

So many conversations I had with customers about them having there kids bikes stolen and some heart breaking stories to boot.

As you know MX isn't a cheap sport and it's not even cheap at a junior level either

Feel for you bud having any bike stolen is just totally gutting

Fingers crossed the parcel force issue gets sorted out for you.

In this day and age I'm personally so reluctant to post anything of value the amount of times I've had a rifle for sale and keep getting asked to post it....buyers are like use parcel force they take guns and usually 48 hours etc etc never had a problem then you read threads like these and hmmm makes you think.

My obvious worry is the parcel being damaged or not arriving plus the insurance has probably got so many loop holes and hoops to jump through. I wouldn't fancy a stamp book as compensation especially if there's no shop receipt to prove the value etc.

Does somewhat always make me feel only ever deal face to face especialy when hard earned is at play.

Chin up bud hopefully you will have better luck and soon.

That's sh*ty news.
    The biggest danger with RM/Parcelfarce is that they X-ray the package, spot that it's a gun with a pressure vessel (PCP) and then fly it to Belfast for destruction - this happened to me. I'd sold a gun and I had to pay the buyer his money back.
    Well if things happen in threes, this sounds like your third.
    FWIW most folks now go for face to face on these sorts of deals. I've done a few, meeting in motorway service carparks at early O'Clock on a Sunday.
    Good luck for the rest of the year.

Ive been using Parcelforce to buy and sell airguns for over 10 years and ive personally never had a problem until now I did have an issue once with special delivery where a pistol ended up at Belfast but the buyer did get it after 6 weeks and loads of phone calls to get them not to destroy it as it was a low powered air pistol
    the MX bikes were from years and years of buying and selling bikes until me and my lad had the bikes we were totally happy with but they are now gone

Quote Originally Posted by Biker_Bob View Post
    That's sh*ty news.
    The biggest danger with RM/Parcelfarce is that they X-ray the package, spot that it's a gun with a pressure vessel (PCP) and then fly it to Belfast for destruction - this happened to me. I'd sold a gun and I had to pay the buyer his money back.
    Well if things happen in threes, this sounds like your third.
    FWIW most folks now go for face to face on these sorts of deals. I've done a few, meeting in motorway service carparks at early O'Clock on a Sunday.
    Good luck for the rest of the year.
    That's my worry as well

Whenever I've used parcel force and tracked the order it always says the parcel is at the post office from which I sent it until it gets delivered.....never any sort of tracking in between....useless they are

The x Ray bloke must be pretty astute to recongnise a pcp compared to springer, considering thousands of parcels must be going through. The two guns I sold recently got to their destination in 24 hrs on the parcel force 48 hr delivery.

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by airgunner.177 View Post

That's my worry as well
    Firstly, hello Andy, long time no cyber speak. I am so sorry to learn of your run of grim woe ... Please let me attempt to put your mind at rest a little, here, as my only experience of a PF parcel being sent for investigation was accompanied by an info up-date on the PF system to that effect, which if that was the case, you would have been informed of. No info on their system suggests a genuine (and hopefully temporary) loss of the parcel.

To reinforce this, cast your mind back to the PF debacle surrounding the BSA Mercury I sold you several years back. You may remember that parcel, too, went missing in their system without a trace, yet a week later it appeared with an apology, so don't throw the 'hope' towel in just yet, buddy, as the fat lass is still singing.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    Firstly, hello Andy, long time no cyber speak. I am so sorry to learn of your run of grim woe ... Please let me attempt to put your mind at rest a little, here, as my only experience of a PF parcel being sent for investigation was accompanied by an info up-date on the PF system to that effect, which if that was the case, you would have been informed of. No info on their system suggests a genuine (and hopefully temporary) loss of the parcel.

To reinforce this, cast your mind back to the PF debacle surrounding the BSA Mercury I sold you several years back. You may remember that parcel, too, went missing in their system without a trace, yet a week later it appeared with an apology, so don't throw the 'hope' towel in just yet, buddy, as the fat lass is still singing.
    Hi ya G hope your well mate it has been a long time since we have spoken, thanks for the input I`m just hoping it will turn up by knowing my bad luck I doubt it its all the waiting not knowing what the hell has happened to it but I will ring PF again on Monday to see if they come up with any useful info

cheers Andy

Hi andy
    Gutted for you mate but fingers crossed and it all comes good for you
    ATB Kieron

Quote Originally Posted by neddy View Post
    Hi andy
    Gutted for you mate but fingers crossed and it all comes good for you
    ATB Kieron

Hi Kieron, thanks! how you doing mate its been a while since I`ve seen you, I just hope it all works out too for once

atvb Andy

Dont worry Andy.
    Parcel Force 48 can easily be 96 with no explanation!

Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    Dont worry Andy.
    Parcel Force 48 can easily be 96 with no explanation!
    HaHaHa for once I hope so Patrick