Quote Originally Posted by tacfoley View Post
That's fine IF you live around a spit and fart from Kranks. Many of us, including YOU, Sir, do not, and the drive to Yorkshire to collect the stuff wipes out the difference for sure, with the cost of fuel on these isles. Whinemeal, I can get Pyrodex after a fifteen minute drive, or ask a pal [yes, I still have one or two] to get it for me.

Buying even the cheap stuff from Kranks STILL entails a £25 HAZMAT supplement - add that to your eighteen quid Krank's powder and that's more than the Pyrodex, right?

tac
You're quite correct in that I don't live anywhere near Kranks. However, my shooting club is not half a mile from Keens in Aberkenfig where they stock Kranks BP for around £18 a pot and Swiss for around £65 a kilo and various other powders at fairly normal prices. They pay the supplement and add a quid per pot. I also have a local RFD who does a bi annual trip to Kranks to stock up and sell it on to us locals at Kranks prices. I'm sure plenty of other shooters are in a similar situation. I also make the BP storage boxes for forty five quid a go which are fully compliant with the HO GUIDANCE, so using BP does not have to be a problem.