Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Disposal of unwanted Scottish airguns?

Quote Originally Posted by Muskett View Post
    Idiotic law, but thats the politicians people are voting for in Scotland; not saying we do much better here though.

Police will scrap everything handed in. Good or bad, all cut in half then disposed of into scrap and landfill. Will probably have to pay someone to do it to. Police officers caught selling on guns will get punished, another cost.

Most handed in are pretty rough, the odd very nice or even rare item will go the same way. I doubt the Royal Armoury's Museum will get a look in.

I'll park up any nice gun anyone doesn't want; have RFD friend in Creif to drop off to; has to be nice though Just send me a line. Heck if very nice will pay postage to me....what a nice person I am

A lot of people just wont want the cost of the license as its not cheap, a lot wont even realise that a license is required. All very silly, done by those who think Trainspotter is a documentary; Trainspotter 2 coming out this year. Think they will be banning Y fronts next as they are offensive.
    Cutting the average spring rifle in half would leave barrels intact wouldn't it - or do you mean lengthwise?
    Happy Shooting!! Paul.
    "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking that we used when we created them" - Albert Einstein.

friend just brought her air rifle round for me to keep for her, after receiving an email from plod , saying that it will take 6 months for them to process her license application. She is now applying for an SGC as well cos it will come before the air gun one and she needs to do vermin control on her land, and will buy some shotguns in addition too. Well done SNP in reducing the number of guns in circulation. Might sell some of my airguns and buy some center fire rifles instead too.

It's a shame Scottish people who hand their guns in to the police can't see that it gives the government thier reasoning behind the licensing decision. Nothing would please them more than issuing no licenses and nobody owning a gun of any desciption. Handing in guns will make it all worthwhile to them and gives the new law positive publicity. Bet England follow in next few years, especially if giving in guns carries on. For god sake sell them or bury them in the back garden, just don't hand them in!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by peddy View Post
    It's a shame Scottish people who hand their guns in to the police can't see that it gives the government thier reasoning behind the licensing decision. Nothing would please them more than issuing no licenses and nobody owning a gun of any desciption. Handing in guns will make it all worthwhile to them and gives the new law positive publicity. Bet England follow in next few years, especially if giving in guns carries on. For god sake sell them or bury them in the back garden, just don't hand them in!!!!
    Sell them to who? The bottom is out of the market, many people can't give them away! Bury them....still technically in possession and if found, criminal charges, possibly Big hoose!
    Pistol & Rifle Shooting in the Highlands with Strathpeffer Rifle & Pistol Club. <StrathRPC at yahoo.com> or google it.
    No longer Pumpin Oil but still Passin Gas!

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by DedIdick View Post
    Sell them to who? The bottom is out of the marget, many people can't give them away!
    last I heard, Engerland and Welsh Wales were still part of the UK, and have no such restrictions (for the moment)...
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Budd View Post
    last I heard, Engerland and Welsh Wales were still part of the UK, and have no such restrictions (for the moment)...
    So, you'll have seen all the Scottish Airguns on the market in the last few months then?????????????
    Pistol & Rifle Shooting in the Highlands with Strathpeffer Rifle & Pistol Club. <StrathRPC at yahoo.com> or google it.

So, you'll have seen all the Scottish Airguns on the market in the last few months then?????????????
    met another shooter yesterday who has been in touch with plod about his license and they told him that they had expected more folks just to hand them in but more folks have applied for licenses than they had expected up here. It appears that the Glasgow plod are handling the Highland applications too.

Sell them to who? The bottom is out of the market, many people can't give them away! Bury them....still technically in possession and if found, criminal charges, possibly Big hoose!
    Give them to dealers, while there still are some, give them to the rest of the U.K. Gun owners if they can't be sold. OK burying them not best idea, but trying to make the point that giving them to police is just what they want the scots to do. Nothing would please them more than a photo of a pile of airguns ready for the chop in the national papers. Is it just me who feels like this???

Quote Originally Posted by fman View Post
    met another shooter yesterday who has been in touch with plod about his license and they told him that they had expected more folks just to hand them in but more folks have applied for licenses than they had expected up here. It appears that the Glasgow plod are handling the Highland applications too.
    Yep all being handled from Glasgow area.....Total chaos just now. (and for the foreseeable future.)

Wait till you see pictures of a politician standing next to a stern faced uniformed policeman and a huge pile of handed in sub-12 air rifles awaiting destruction. The caption under the picture will contain the phrase "Off the streets".

I'm the meantime real drug dealers still seem to have real automatic pistols..

Quote Originally Posted by oneseven View Post
    Wait till you see pictures of a politician standing next to a stern faced uniformed policeman and a huge pile of handed in sub-12 air rifles awaiting destruction. The caption under the picture will contain the phrase "Off the streets".
    My point exactly!

most of the ones I have seen have been sub £100 new for silly money or high end ones for even more silly money.

on free ads

http://www.freeads.co.uk/uk/buy-sell...th-extras/view

brand new

https://www.sportsmanguncentre.co.uk...ger-air-rifles
    Last edited by bighit; 07-01-2017 at 07:45 PM.

Give them to dealers, while there still are some, give them to the rest of the U.K. Gun owners if they can't be sold. OK burying them not best idea, but trying to make the point that giving them to police is just what they want the scots to do. Nothing would please them more than a photo of a pile of airguns ready for the chop in the national papers. Is it just me who feels like this???
    Quite.

Last week, at the start of the New Year, there was even a brief report on the BBC Breakfast News. I was in another room feeding my dog, so couldn't hear it properly. To be fair, they did actually interview a RFD to give balance, and he said it was ludicrous and ill thought-out.

As I walked back into the kitchen where the TV is, it was just finishing, and there was a shot of a load of guns that had been handed in.....with a nasty, snarling, lethal low-powered junior Daisy pump-up in the foreground!

As you say, better to find other methods of "disposing" and I'm sure there would be plenty of grateful recipients down here. Especially where classier / rarer / collectable guns are concerned.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

IF

If you cant obtain the licence quick enough could you deactivate your rifle if you just wanted to keep with you until the licence arrives

Or if you knocked back keep it in a deactivated state as a keep sake
    Or break it and sell the parts
    bigtoe, Harry, hydroclamp, jpsnorton, gayle89, mark410, Stu83, smallholder1, wellhouse0, readingcop, sir-slots-alot, danco1987, Stevenb, DarylDiane, simpleSimon, Ratinator, Milek, Josh, Maxtich, Woodsie99, Ozzie, master_shriller, niloc, Drake267, deejayuu, shootingstars

Is it just me who feels like this???
    No, I agree with you Pete.

The constant onslaught against shooting sports from one direction or another, over the past 30-odd years, makes me feel sick to be honest.