Thread: FAS AP 604 (Mk 2) with LAMINATED Anatomical Grip.

SOLD..FAS AP604 (Mk 2) with Original Factory Adjustable LAMINATED Anatomical Grip.

I have (at this moment) a lovely original FAS 604 that I thought I would share here before offering it for sale as it may be of some interest to a serious enthusiast who would like the opportunity to get hold of a genuine and rare example of the last (mk 11 ?) version of the 604 that the original FAS factory ever made.

This pistol is believed to have come from new but unsold shop stock from many years ago when model shops were legally allowed to sell airguns prior to the "change in the law" and the introduction of the need to be a FIREARMS dealer was introduced.

This is an excellent example that is still in its original plastic FAS foam lined carry case, and includes the (as new) FAS AP 604 Handbook that includes exploded diagrams for the air pistol, plus an enlarged sectional view of the trigger mechanism as well as a close-up section of the rear of the action showing the grip fastening parts.

FAS used to include a plastic tool holding wallet that had a clear front and a blue back. Inside it is a small blue screwdriver and 5 different size Allen keys. This is also included and is still all looking mint and unused.

An unused "DOMINO GUNS" sticker is inside the case (maybe these were the distributors?) together with an un-opened sample pack of VFG felt pellets that would have been included with the new pistol.

The pistol itself has the very rare fully anatomical Adjustable LAMINATED original factory grip with the later (more secure) TWO bolt fixing screws for securing the palm shelf adjustment (earlier versions of the FAS 604 fully anatomical grip were a slightly smaller shape and only had one fixing screw on the adjustable palm shelf that tended to "move" a little in use).

The grip is clean enough to have never been held and is in a very attractive light and dark laminated natural wood.

The black metal work shows some slight signs of "storage marks" (?) that are only visible under close inspection but in the interest of a full description it needs to be mentioned.

The outside of the case shows some slight scratches (the sort that would accumulate as the case is slid on and off of a shelf over many years of storage) so everything looks to be perfectly authentic.

The lid on the case has a 2012 NSRA ELEY Competition sticker on it and a 2011 Rossendale Model Target Club sticker on it and these were added at a later date by the current custodian who has kept to safe for many years. The model shop supported the local target club and so these stickers would have been quite appropriate but added at a later date (and can be easily peeled off if not wanted or liked).

I have cocked and fired this pistol and it works well enough, but given its age and lack of use it would probably benefit from being cleaned and lubricated to remove the factory grease that has probably congealed by now (?) but a collector may not want to do this.

The asking price is quite high NOW SOLD......there can't be too many around anywhere like this one and very few that have a known history from new.

I will take some pictures of it this afternoon. I can send these pictures by email to anyone that is interested, or to anyone that would be kind enough to upload them here onto the BBS Target Section as I think they could be interesting for our BBS air pistol enthusiasts to see.
    Last edited by zooma; 14-10-2023 at 07:27 PM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

When taking the pictures I noticed that the pistol number is 18031 and this number is repeated on the end of the box.

The grip size fits my large hand perfectly and had some adjustment left to make it bigger and smaller so I guess it could fit Medium - Large hands comfortably.

When I cocked the pistol I noticed that the shaft still has a blob of the original grease on it, so it probably would benefit from a clean and some fresh grease to keep it working nice and smoothly.

The trigger felt nice - light and very smooth, but can be adjusted to fine tune it as required.

When compared to my PCP match pistols, the speed sounded a little slow, but all SSP air pistols run at a slower speed than any good PCP match pistol and it was nice to be reminded of this.

The pistol was briefly tested at 10 metres using RWS Meisterkugeln pellets and the grouping was good - better than expected !

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.

Fas

Thanks Bob

A superb example, I foolishly sold my original 1980's Mk1 example that I shot my 10 mt PB with, 386 then ex 400, and went the PCP route, but I always missed the FAS so when the Mk 2 came out I bought one again, must have been 2007 ish?

Mine must have come off the same batch as yours, the serial is 18039, so just 8 away from your example, I often used it even up until I retired from pistol (arthritis trouble!), though I had Steyr PCP's as well. A superb well made and very accurate pistol, perfect for the old man struggling with heavy pistol weights, as you will have seen I stripped and highly polished mine, as I do like a bit of bling!

The speed? Why do people fret about it, for the shed tuners, leave them alone!! They never were fast, always cut a not so crisp hole, but boy are they accurate and consistent.

Domino Guns was the Italian company that made them then, from the original ones in the 1980's and they made and sold the very similar Igi Domino .22lr standard pistol at the same time.

To any one considering this, this may look like it, but it is not even close to the new 6004 made by a company who took over the rights, and redesigned it for cheaper production, this the last REAL FAS 604 and the Mk2, was the best one the company ever made, it a much higher quality and better design version, is a superb looking and shooting match SSP air pistol, and I also used, and still have a Walther LPM-1 to compare it with, I think this version of the FAS equals it, it one of the best of the type, and well worth the asking price, a superb shooting air pistol and a pretty good investment!

The first shrewd man will buy this!
    Have Fun
    Robin
    Last edited by RobinC; 09-10-2023 at 12:11 PM.
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

Robin has had the advantage of seeing the pictures of my FAS 604 Mk2, so if anyone else would like to see what Robin has been able to see, please contact me with your email address and I would be happy to send them for you to see as well.

If anyone here on the BBS is able and willing to upload the pictures on here for all to see, I would be happy to send them by email for that purpose.

Sorry I am unable to upload pictures from my old MAC (probably my lack of expertise rather than any problem with my MAC), but I have put a fresh lump or coal on the MAC this morning so it is all fired-up and ready to send a copy of these pictures to anyone that would like to see them.

Hope this works Bob

Thanks Nick !

Sold.

This superb example of a Mk2 FAS 604 has new been SOLD.

Too many guns, or not enough time?

Quote Originally Posted by Modski66 View Post
    SSP match pistols are not for everyone - especially serious competition shooters who have only ever used PCP match pistols, but SSP pistols can be just as accurate and remain the first choice for many.

Hello guys, I've only just seen this post. Did Nick buy it and now selling again? Never had one of these but well aware of the reputation. After a bit of a layoff from 10m AP I'm shooting again this season; with Nicks old LP500 as it goes.
    Steyr Challenge HFT - HW97K - BSA Mercury Challenger - Anschutz 9015 One - AA Pro Target - AA Pro Elite - ASI Paratrooper (R) - Walther LP500

Yes. Me and Zooma had another deal between us.

Although the FAS 604 is very nice. It wasn’t left handed. So can’t really shoot it.
    I did consider ordering a Rink left hand grip.

However. Thought it was a bit silly as I had just purchased a new P8X.

Family FAS, the 22 short, the 22 lr, the 32 WC & the air pistol. The 604 was & is still a good 'un. Liked the 32 WC as well & the 22lr, never saw a 22 short version though.

That was a very nice mk11.

Quote Originally Posted by trajectory View Post
    Family FAS, the 22 short, the 22 lr, the 32 WC & the air pistol. The 604 was & is still a good 'un. Liked the 32 WC as well & the 22lr, never saw a 22 short version though.

That was a very nice mk11.
    Well thanks to Nick, this now has a new home, it joins my various mk1’s including one with the front sight shroud to increase sight radius, my working 606 and my .22 short 601.
    Still looking for 602 and 603 pistols .

Quote Originally Posted by Sgibbar View Post
    Well thanks to Nick, this now has a new home, it joins my various mk1’s including one with the front sight shroud to increase sight radius, my working 606 and my .22 short 601.
    Still looking for 602 and 603 pistols .
    I am pleased it has found a good home where it will be used and appreciated