Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Struggling to like my BSA Stutzen

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    To scope a Stutzen, buy a set of Sportsmatch 'reach forward' mounts, but use them the other way round so in essence, they become 'reach back' mounts. You will also need to turn both clamping plates through 180 degrees as well. Same works / is my recommended application for scoping all in the Aisporter range with full length scope grooves (so this excludes the Mk.I & Mk.II), and fwiw, all in the BSA Mercury range, too. Hope this helps.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Cool

Give up on the whole dreadful business and sell it to me

Quote Originally Posted by JMH123 View Post

Give up on the whole dreadful business and sell it to me
    LOL.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post

To scope a Stutzen, buy a set of Sportsmatch 'reach forward' mounts, but use them the other way round so in essence, they become 'reach back' mounts. You will also need to turn both clamping plates through 180 degrees as well. Same works / is my recommended application for scoping all in the Aisporter range with full length scope grooves (so this excludes the Mk.I & Mk.II), and fwiw, all in the BSA Mercury range, too. Hope this helps.
    Oops! I see my learned friend Blackrider has already suggested similar ... I'll get me coat.

The front sling swivel is the front stock retaining fixing, forget any ideas of accuracy if you fit a sling

I think I may have a temp solution in a Webley Speed Point while I continue to look for a set of original open sights :-)
    Thanks - Geoff.

My Stutzen carbine has no provision for open sights.
    It came with a Simmons 3-9 40 8 point scope fitted quite far back in double mounts which works for me.
    Once I stopped it moving backwards!