Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Now there's a surprise!

With the demise of Milbro, are the Caledonians that are presently available leftover stock, or did production get taken over?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

The last tin I had was a bit old , but it seems you can buy them from a few places, even amazon https://www.amazon.co.uk/5-5MM-MILBR.../dp/B00OP9BIIK

I'm assuming they are either new or recent production as the tins are slightly different?

I'm not saying these are in the JSB quality range but in old .22 rifles they shoot ok, under an inch at 30yds is fine for plinking, it's just odd that in the last two older rifles I tried them in (Webley Vulcan and BSA Meteor) they upped the power by a whole ftlb, I assumed because they were sealing better in the bigger 5.588 bore, problem is I have run out now so will have to get another tin for testing.

Cheers A-B.

Looks like I'll have to get myself an older just so I can give them a go!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

4.51 RWS Superfields are superb through my 1985 '77k. Superdomes great for my HW45 and BSA 240 Magnum. Excellent affordable prices too.

Quote Originally Posted by Artfull-Bodger View Post
    Frog have you found Caledonian to produce higher energy readings than other pellets in the same rifle?
    Hi Mr Bodger,
    Just tested Caledonian .22 against 3 other pellets - two heavier and one lighter. Tried two different springers. The answer to my testing is yes and no! In one rifle caledonian produced the highest muzzle energy - 0.2 fpe ahead of Hobby and in the other rifle Caledonian were 0.1 fpe lower energy than Hobby.
    Having said that they were 0.5fpe ahead of superdomes in one rifle and 1fpe ahead of superdomes in the other. So in general they seem to be pretty good in the energy stakes (and in my experience shoot well too - not always the best but not far behind so a good safe bet).

regards

Frog