Thread: Air Arms Khamsin Rifle Valuation Help Please.

Air Arms Khamsin Rifle Valuation Help Please.

A fellow club member has asked for my help in valuing the above rifle he has owned since new.
    It is in very good condition and has had very little use, this rifle is way out of my limited knowledge, and after some internet research finding prices from dealers from £550 ! down I thought the gentlemen of the collectable section might be able to help.
    I am not able to post photos, old and not good with computers but I can email them to anyone that can help if they email me at the address in my sig.
    Many thanks.

I just bought a very good SE90 walnut stock in LH from a dealer for £245. It's much the same action, so how much do you value the thumb hole stock on top? Does the TH stock really double its value?
    Thanks - Geoff.

Thumbs up

I paid £165 for this SE90 from the airgun Fayre at Melbourne a couple of years ago and I know that the bloke stuck a fair few quid on it as he'd bought it off one of the other sellers before the fayre started (I saw the ticket that was still on it!!)

I was also given a Khamsin as a 'do-er upper' but it's a leftie!!, I should really get round to it even though it's cack handed!!

It needs a reblue as well as some trigger parts and the stock refinishing! I was going to open out the right side of the thumbhole so that it was ambidextrous but was told it would be sacrilage

It's in this pile!!

To the op, I would think that maybe slightly under £300 would be closer to the mark unless it's boxed, as new and with gold parts fitted!!

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

I have a righthand walnut thumbhole stock version with a 10" barrel and the original barrel also. and id say mine is worth around £270-300. But i could be a bit low. But again depends on how much someone is prepared to pay really.

Thanks John and Wilba, that gives us an idea where to start.
    Many thanks

Thanks to mrgeoff to, sorry I missed you.

The Khamisin is now for sale on Gun Star, thanks for your help gents.

depends on the calibre..177 worth a lot more than .22

Quote Originally Posted by johnbaz View Post
    I paid £165 for this SE90 from the airgun Fayre at Melbourne a couple of years ago and I know that the bloke stuck a fair few quid on it as he'd bought it off one of the other sellers before the fayre started (I saw the ticket that was still on it!!)

I was also given a Khamsin as a 'do-er upper' but it's a leftie!!, I should really get round to it even though it's cack handed!!

It needs a reblue as well as some trigger parts and the stock refinishing! I was going to open out the right side of the thumbhole so that it was ambidextrous but was told it would be sacrilage

It's in this pile!!

To the op, I would think that maybe slightly under £300 would be closer to the mark unless it's boxed, as new and with gold parts fitted!!

John
    Interesting pile,anything you don't want?

Quote Originally Posted by johnbaz View Post

It's in this pile!!

John
    good luck getting trigger parts they're nonexistent,I've tried everywhere I can think of

terry is offline This is not the Terry you are looking for....

parts

Quote Originally Posted by transporter View Post
    good luck getting trigger parts they're nonexistent,I've tried everywhere I can think of
    have you tried richardsons of halesworth , suffolk they have a lot of second hand guns pulled apart and for sale , two old boys in long brown macs , proper old shop in a complete mess guns stacked up to roof , if they still going that is

terry is offline This is not the Terry you are looking for....

Thumbs up richardsons

Quote Originally Posted by terry View Post
    have you tried richardsons of halesworth , suffolk they have a lot of second hand guns pulled apart and for sale , two old boys in long brown macs , proper old shop in a complete mess guns stacked up to roof , if they still going that is
    just looked it up , still going heres there phone number 01986872520 good luck / or another trulock and harris

Quote Originally Posted by transporter View Post
    Thats why i have a jackal also. Both working fine but if the khamsin needs parts id use the jackal and sell the stock off snd keep the rest.

Red face

Actually, The parts that are missing are two pins/circlips for the trigger and the adjuster and spring, Pretty sure I can make them all

The trigger blade is held in place by a pop rivet (Nope, It wasn't me!! )

Not sure if I mentioned, The Khamsin is a leftie too!, It's a tight fit for a chubby thumb!!

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/