Thread: Airsporter valuation please

Airsporter valuation please

Hi folks. Can I please have a valuation for this mk5 from all you learned airsporteritis afflicted aficionados!
    There is a little pitting on the underside of the barrel and a scratch on the left hand side of the forend which is more of an indentation - it has not penetrate the varnish... hopefully you can see this in the pic as it's very light
    Thank you.
    https://goo.gl/photos/YHutyctZMPYVksM47
    Donald

Quote Originally Posted by thisisdonald View Post
    Hi folks. Can I please have a valuation for this mk5 from all you learned airsporteritis afflicted aficionados!
    Thank you.
    https://goo.gl/photos/YHutyctZMPYVksM47
    Unfortunately, these just don't seem to enjoy the popularity of the earlier Airsporters, but assuming it has not been cosmetically enhanced and shoots as good as it looks, it has to be worth at least £150 ~ £200 surely?
    Happy Shooting!! Paul.
    "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking that we used when we created them" - Albert Einstein.

Thanks Paul.. it's totally original.. I've not shot it but will try on Tuesday. It's a shame about the box isn't it. It was a loft sleeper.. I doubt it's had more than a few tins through it. The enamel is totally untouched
    Donald

Quote Originally Posted by thisisdonald View Post
    Thanks Paul.. it's totally original.. I've not shot it but will try on Tuesday. It's a shame about the box isn't it. It was a loft sleeper.. I doubt it's had more than a few tins through it. The enamel is totally untouched
    As I've said many times before, I'm no expert despite my username, so my 'valuation' is certainly just an opinion and given the originality and the box (despite the latter's condition), I'm sure it will be at the top end if not significantly higher to the right buyer.

Hopefully, after shooting it you may decide you like it so much that you'll want to keep it!
    Happy Shooting!! Paul.
    "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking that we used when we created them" - Albert Einstein.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    You'd think £150 easy for such good condition should be safe money, but as stated, they just don't seem very popular compared with the mk1/2 (which I kind of understand).
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

edbear2 Guest
    Hi Donald, I tried to sell a friend's one of these on here, in unmarked, freshly resprung and sealed and little used condition and had no interest at £130...this was maybe 18 months ago,maybe things have got better or as mentioned people know these can be a lottery tap sealing / position wise.

ATB, ED

Thanks for the replies lads.. much appreciated
    Donald

Can't see the photo.

The price here as opposed to south of the border are two completely things now.

Since many of us hold shotgun licenses this will not allow us to purchase or aquire an air rifle in Scotland until we get round to getting our AWC, then the few handful of people that have a AWC are your only audience for a purchase at present,,,so not likely at any price which is a shame.

These are really hard to shift in any condition even one as complete as this, now with a limited market will make matters hopeless.

Drive it south and sell is the only viable option, or hold onto it for a few years until more Scottish residents have an AWC and would then be able to buy it.

Its a sod of a new condition being in receipt of a shotgun certificate allows you to hold as many shotguns and air guns as you like but wont allow you to purchase or acquire an airgun until you have a AWC. Totally baffling
    Nice things happen to nice people.

It's bonkers isn't it mate... I might apply later this year just so I can keep trading!
    Donald

Airsporterman is offline Makes Scrooge look Happy and Generous!
    Moving target, nr Blyth, God's Northumberland
    Quote Originally Posted by Airsporter1st View Post
    Unfortunately, these just don't seem to enjoy the popularity of the earlier Airsporters, but assuming it has not been cosmetically enhanced and shoots as good as it looks, it has to be worth at least £150 ~ £200 surely?
    I think I formed a figure of about £200 because it was boxed and the woodwork is better than a lot I have seen which tend to be...well boring. (but I would accept Pauls £150 - 200 valuation!)
    I have a boxed Mk5 I bought new - it's better than this and so is the box - I reckon mine around £250 - not that I would sell it mind!
    The Mk5s, as Paul says, isn't one of the best from a shooters/collectors point of view, like Paul - I don't consider myself an 'expert', nor a 'valuer'.
    Valuations of rifles like this are so difficult as there are a fair few about.
    Don't suppose that helps really!

ASM
    I am a Man of La Northumberlandia, a true Knight and spend my days on my Quest (my duty nay privilege!) and fighting dragons and unbeatable foe, to right the unrightable wrongs, to bear with unbearable sorrow and dreaming my impossible dreams.