Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Weihrauch stocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    Glad someone agrees with me!

The FWB was my formative airgun. At an impressionable age, I clearly decided it was awesome and that all that needed improving was the trigger/safety, the breech lock-up, and maybe a fuller butt to help scope alignment. Some of which the 85 seemed to offer. And which may explain my liking for the Webley Omega, Tomahawk, Longbow, BSA Supersport, and some Diana 34 variants.

Basically my airgun archetype is a high quality, accurate, 7-8 pound break barrel 12ft/lbs springer.

If you have not owned an FWB, you need to. They aren't perfect, but they are special.
    Yes the fore end very much like the Sport,i think the 85 stock was based on the 80 which I think they copied from the Sport.

If you include the 86 MK1 plain & MK1 with checkered pistol grip as 2 stock types then I've come across 5 stock types for these in its short production run.

Thumbs up

Must say, I dislike the new ones with 'WEIHRAUCH' on too, Much prefer the older stocks with real hand cut chequering (Not Checkering!! )

HW35 Luxus stock (Bought from IJ )

HW77

HW35e

HW80 mk1

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Quote Originally Posted by landymick View Post
    Yes the fore end very much like the Sport,i think the 85 stock was based on the 80 which I think they copied from the Sport.

If you include the 86 MK1 plain & MK1 with checkered pistol grip as 2 stock types then I've come across 5 stock types for these in its short production run.
    Do tell us more. I only log the HW80 Mk1 style regular stock, and the Luxus Beeman R1 style.

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    Do tell us more. I only log the HW80 Mk1 style regular stock, and the Luxus Beeman R1 style.
    Ok as you say MK1 80 style stock (the totally plain one) then the same shape but with chequering on the pistol grip.Thats 2 for 1986 then the deluxe version of the same which still kept the angular fore end but had a cheek piece plus chequered pistol grip & white spacer in butt pad.

Then the Deluxe with the long fore end same as the HW77,that's 4 types then this stock was later replaced by the short fore end version with exposed breach block with cheekpiece & chequered pistol grip which went on to become the standard HW95 stock.