Thread: Walter foresight tunnel wanted

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Walter foresight tunnel wanted

As above, the thread has stripped on my LG for sight tunnel so looking for a replacement tunnel that will fit, anything out there?
    Steyr LP10, Steyr LP5,
    Vintage Collection - Walther LP53, HW77k Venom, BSF S20 Match, Original 35, ASI Target plus lots more

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.
    Nigel

They are a bit "rocking horse excrement" second hand, Walther front dovetail is different to all else, you can get new versions such as Centra in Walther size but not really looking right on a classic.
    We are old school and always order the traditional type that takes metal elements on our new rifles (all Walthers) and they will supply if you ask. Walther do list the 18 mm old style ones, just look on their website in Zubhor, (parts), I order through MEC or collect when I'm over there.

Best of Luck
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

Nigel,

Have you considered a sympathetic repair ; drill out the stripped hole, use a longer screw and a nut on the end ?

I am sure it can be done tastefully and in keeping.

Have fun & a good weekend

Best regards

Russ

Thanks for the replys, it's the thread in the tunnel that's gone, where the insert holder screws in so not a simple fix, I've managed to do a temporary repair that should hold until one turns up, I would like to keep it original looking and although have considered a centra sight feel it will look to modern, that said if it's that or not using the rifle I can live with it

Thanks again
    Steyr LP10, Steyr LP5,
    Vintage Collection - Walther LP53, HW77k Venom, BSF S20 Match, Original 35, ASI Target plus lots more

Nigel,

Ahh....

I have fitted Centra Score tunnels to my Weihrauch HW99S & HW95 Super Match, using 1 mm steel shims (one each side) to take out the slack in the ca. 8.5 - 9mm HW dovetails, and it has out worked very well indeed

Have fun

Best regards

Russ

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.
    Nigel
    As I said they are available new, we use them on all our modern Walthers (old school!) they are "Kornhalter M18 article number 2.4827" and 49 Euro's. I don't have one spare (just replaced the Centra one on my LG400 with one), Walther will not supply direct but I can give you a contact German company who will if you want one.
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?