Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Selling mistake

Regret selling:

Crossman 1322 - my first air gun; shoulder stock too!
    BSA Meteor - a birthday present from my folks when I was 14 (also in the 70s

Top tip: Unless you really, really need to sell your old mates then don't
    Enjoy every day, you never know when it will be your last!

Both my skans. hw35 export i had as a teen. hw80 mk1. And a good few more.

i had a beautiful hw35eb ( iirc) , short barrel , superb walnut stock , also had a .177 standard barrel to swap over . is was my uncles rifle and he bought quality and i bought it off him and then very foolishly sold it before joining the RAF , what a mistake! not the RAF , LOL

Crikey where to start ��

Like many others I've been round the houses and back more times than I can remember

Biggest selling mistake.....hmmm

I could do a top 50 but think I'll have to do a top 5 on this one or it will get very boring

1) .177 Theoben Rapid MFR myself and marsh on here owned it umpteen times between us before it went to likom12 on here and then I lost trace really regretted that one was such a nice setup and whisper quiet with uk Neil shroud internals)

2) .177 Daystate Air Ranger can't remember who I got it from on here remember though it was a HFT shooter oop north and that ranger left everyone at my club gobsmacked with its accuracy real tact driver and don't think I've ever had another rifle with such tight groups at most ranges. Swapped it with brian747 on here for a verminator setup which was better for my needs at the time.

3) .22 Mk1 Theoben Rapid (my first one) had so many of these but this was my first one many years ago and first experience of the legendary rapid.

4) .177 Daystate Air Wolf (my first one) like the Rapid I've owned loads of air wolfs since but never quite forget your first was an early one and also was unique as it had a laser engraved wolf on the side of the stock which from memory the chap that engraved them only did a limited run of a handful examples.
    Bought from likom12 on here where I also px'd a HW97k against it and then sold it on here to a chap Chester way tried to track it down many years later but the seller didn't want to sell

5) .177 AirArms S510 can't remember who I bought it from but it was virtually brand new and pristine lovely setup and enjoyed it very much it was when they first came out many years ago and I sold it on here to Peter Dunkley who lives around the corner and also started an excellent friendship. That's the good thing about the shooting community and the bbs in particular you make some very excellent friends

Wow look at that not one dark ages springer in that top 5 regret list sorry Tony L
    Last edited by oldskoolzzz; 09-01-2017 at 05:32 PM. Reason: Spelling

The only rifle I really regret selling was a BSA .177 Stutzen. I didn't shoot it but for the money I sold it for I just wish I hadn't.

Regret Selling

My Mach 1 in 1997. No.11. Last but one to be made. Blast. Mach 1.5

I've had hundreds but in answer to the thread...Venom 80 in.22 and full glided 95 in .177

FWB Sport 127 Mark 2. Swapped for a Sharp Innova.

Dumbass!:

The FWB had been my main hunting gun for a while. But, when I got my first '80, the Sport very much took a back seat, as the '80 (Mark 1 and Venom tuned - still own it today) was far easier to shoot accurately.

Wish I'd kept it, though.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mach 1.5 View Post
    I feel for you, sir.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mach 1.5 View Post
    Crikey. That must hurt. My condolences on your loss.

At the other end of the spectrum, I miss my Webley Typhoon, first airgun I ever owned, swapped with a mate I later lost touch with, and who sadly passed away unexpectedly in his late 40s, for an early model Gamo Paratrooper repeater, that I managed to knacker quite comprehensively trying out my adolescent gunsmithing skills.

Talking

A different slant, ive kept everything ive owned, but lost my Original No5 airpistol, it was a pre 1970 one with a grey stock. I bought it with my Christmas money when I was 10 years old off my older next door neighbour. I waited around for 10 years or, so to see if it turned up. Then two came at once on the internet. I'm happy again

Now i'm in a strange place.......so to speak, i've bought quite a few vintage springers recently and im probably going to sell some. I know I will sincerely regret doing it, but I know that some people are going to be really happy about it, so the energy will not be lost!

Cheers

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Most of the guns I've sold were sold for a reason so really no regrets.
    But my mistake comes later when I 'think' I shouldn't have sold and buy another - only to remember afterwards why I sold it in the first place

Diana 52 in .22

Built like a bloody howitzer but I do miss cranking that side lever!

Shouldnt have sold my first air rifle, a HW57 Wonky Donky tune. A club member is looking after it for me.... Thats what I keep telling myself!
    Thanks - Geoff.

Mk4

Parting with my Daystate MK4 was a mistake what's worse is that the chap who bought it off me destroyed it had most proberbly the best stock I have ever seen on a Daystate. I will never forgive the wife who after a blinding argument said shooting or me I should have taken the shooting choice she popped smoke and left two weeks after I sold it no problem with that apart from the fact that she legged it with my shooting buddy.