Thread: Bsa junior air rifle

Bsa junior air rifle

....in for a penny in for a pound - was trawlin the Free ads website for something nice as a New Year treat - break barrel Britannia ( pleassssssse ) but saw the two Giffards mentioned in last post AND then this vintage preWar BSA :

http://www.freeads.co.uk/uk/buy-sell...e-posted-/view
    A 'JUNIOR '
    I thought these were kiddies guns ?
    Seems I was wrong - wot do I know ! There is some ref on the page that there is another real kids gun called a Juvenile - oddly remember this name from years back .
    Anyway maybe of interest to somebody here .
    Last edited by Jimny4x4; 09-01-2017 at 01:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimny4x4 View Post
    ....in for a penny in for a pound - was trawlin the Free ads website for something nice as a New Year treat - break barrel Britannia ( pleassssssse ) but saw the two Giffards mentioned in last post AND then this vintage preWar BSA :

http://www.freeads.co.uk/uk/buy-sell...e-posted-/view
    A 'JUNIOR '
    I thought these were kiddies guns ?
    Seems I was wrong - wot do I know ! There is some ref on the page that there is another real kids gun called a Juvenile - oddly do remember this name from years back .
    Anyway maybe of interest to somebody here .
    Hello,

The Junior was introduced in 1910 and was basically a cut-down Light Pattern aimed at meeting the needs of 10-15 year old's. It was replaced by the more specifically designed Juvenile Pattern around 1913. Although these rifles were meant for the younger user, they were by no means considered as toys and would have cost almost as much as the full size rifles.

As the advert states, only around 1000 of each model were ever produced and consequently very rare, but I would have estimated £400 - £600 to be a more realistic price for a reasonable example of either model.

Regards

Brian

AbasMajor

I do need to buy a decent book on the subject .
    Thanks for information .
    I have seen the $value of some things rise , and as I know little have avoided them , but even dinky toy sorry there I go again , pop-out airpistols go high .
    I gave all mine away