Thread: Remington Rider. Yehaw!

Remington Rider. Yehaw!

I'm getting one of these this week to go with my Pedersoli Liegi, Ardessa vest pocket .31bp and vest pocket .22rf. I just love little pistols that can be used in almost any garden, but wondered if anyone here has a rider, and if sizing the pellets to 4.3mm is really necessary? If it is I will be making a batch of sizers, but internet reports differ.
    Patience; N. A minor form of despair, disguised as a virtue.

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    I'm getting one of these this week to go with my Pedersoli Liegi, Ardessa vest pocket .31bp and vest pocket .22rf. I just love little pistols that can be used in almost any garden, but wondered if anyone here has a rider, and if sizing the pellets to 4.3mm is really necessary? If it is I will be making a batch of sizers, but internet reports differ.
    You have a range in your backyard?

tac
    Lots of guns and trains.

Quote Originally Posted by tacfoley View Post
    You have a range in your backyard?

tac

Ok, almost any garden in the free world. Is that better?

Sorry, my English is not up to what you are saying.

Basically, I'm asking if you have a range in your backyard where you can shoot a firearm. Is that better for you?

tac
    Lots of guns and trains.

Sorry, my English is not up to what you are saying.

Basically, I'm asking if you have a range in your backyard where you can shoot a firearm. Is that better for you?

tac

Yes, sorry. Maybe I should have been clearer. The buying and use of black powder guns isn't really controlled across most of the world. I shoot in my garden when I'm in France as well as at the club.
    Have you used/owned the Rider? And do you have an opinion on pellet sizing for it?

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    Yes, sorry. Maybe I should have been clearer. The buying and use of black powder guns isn't really controlled across most of the world. I shoot in my garden when I'm in France as well as at the club.
    Have you used/owned the Rider? And do you have an opinion on pellet sizing for it?
    Ah, I was looking at your home address of Bude, and trying hard to imagine shooting even that little gun in the backyard without attracting the attention of a few black helicopters and the lads from Hereford knocking on your forehead.

No, I've never owned one - sacrificing the joys of shooting one of my full-size firearms so that I could shoot what is classed as a Christmas tree novelty in the rest of the world is not something I'd contemplate with any degree of enthusiasm.

Amities

tac
    Lots of guns and trains.

No, I've never owned one - sacrificing the joys of shooting one of my full-size firearms so that I could shoot what is classed as a Christmas tree novelty in the rest of the world is not something I'd contemplate with any degree of enthusiasm.
    I have a feeling you could be right re the novelty aspect. I don't know if you remember, but I brought up the subject of my Ardessa vest pocket .31 a while back and the possibility of sleeving it for .22 air gun pellets. Well, I've done that and with a 209 primer it lobs them out at around 400fps with a satisfying, but not too noisy pop! I thought a little .177 would complement it nicely