Thread: Hw 77k spring advice????

Hw 77k spring advice????

Hello lads im looking for a spring for my 77k 25mm internals I was told by a guy who tuned my pals 77k he had used a tx number 10, so me and my pal made the custom spring guide and tophat to fit that spring and couldn't get above 7ft/lbs.

We tried slip washers and so on with no joy the only conclusion we can come to is A I was told a porky. Or B the spring was labelled incorrectly, I suspect the former 😉

So any advice on what spring to use is welcome thanks in advance Sean 👍

In the Titan XS spring range a number 10 is for the AirArms TX200 mk3. So probably oversized for a HW77 25mm.

The standard HW77 is listed as a number 1.
    Last edited by bozzer; 10-01-2017 at 07:41 AM.

Hi Sean,

And welcome.

Personally, I'd be looking at a V-Mach spring. Also available with matching guide and top hat, but I see you can do your own. Available from V-Mach directly or BAR.

The standard spring in earlier 25mm 77s is actually very, very good. But I'm not sure what you'll get if you wanted a "genuine" spring these days. Maybe some of the other chaps will know.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by bozzer View Post
    In the Titan XS spring range a number 10 is for the AirArms TX200 mk3. So probably oversized for a HW77 25mm.

The standard HW77 is listed as a number 1.
    Thanks bozzer I know its for the tx but like I said the bloke who tuned my pals 77k said he had used
    One for some specific reasons cannot remember why off top of my head.
    He must of been telling porkys ��

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Hi Sean,

And welcome.

Personally, I'd be looking at a V-Mach spring. Also available with matching guide and top hat, but I see you can do your own. Available from V-Mach directly or BAR.

The standard spring in earlier 25mm 77s is actually very, very good. But I'm not sure what you'll get if you wanted a "genuine" spring these days. Maybe some of the other chaps will know.

Thanks for your reply tony, I may look at those but I'm after making the guide and tophat from scratch me and my pal have done his 97k and my 95 and they shoot spot on silky smooth.
    What sort of price do the vmach springs go for?
    Ive heard about a "wonkey donkey" spring meant to be decent any ideas were I can find one thanks in advance
    Spen ��