Thread: HR mount

HR mount

Can anyone recall these one piece mounts that were sold out of the mags in the 80s?

There was a fairly limited choice of mounts back then and I think these were on sale around the twenty quid mark (I think)? They are pretty solid with four Allen bolt fixings to the dovetails. Two smaller Allen bolt fixings front and rear for the scope clamps. But also there are two bolts that can basically remove the scope clamps away from the mount dovetail base?

I have one still in use on my 80 to this day and its zero creep. But I don't seem to see or hear of any around? If anyone can recall these do you know if they simply didn't sell that well? All my old airgun mags are sealed away in the attic and not easy to get to in order to check the adverts.

They may possibly have been for sale under the manufacturer of H R engineering???

Cheers
    Dave

H R mounts

Soooo......looks like they were only marketed in Wales n I was the only one to invest in one
    Dave

Made by Roy Hutchison, these were massively over engineered, and relatively expensive. Most folk don't like spending too much money, so they were too expensive for the mass market.
    There is one shop however which still has about 25 brand new ones left, at £40 a pop!

Quote Originally Posted by slug-gun View Post
    Made by Roy Hutchison, these were massively over engineered, and relatively expensive. Most folk don't like spending too much money, so they were too expensive for the mass market.
    There is one shop however which still has about 25 brand new ones left, at £40 a pop!
    You've thrown more light on things on one paragraph there mate than I've learned since I bought it!
    I had it brand new and yes its pretty robust and hasn't budged a millimetre in all the time its been on gun.
    Forty quid my be a bit salty but for a quality period mount is it though? ??
    Thanks again
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by slug-gun View Post
    Which shop, if I may be bold enough to ask?