stripped her last night and found the build quality of the tube where the valve is secured less than I like and the front valve fixing sheared and a bit too close to the valve o ring
this I can resolve by using a later 766 valve rear which is longer but i'll machine it down so it's .080" longer than the 1377 valve body they've used
internally I swapped the valve stem for a later 1377 stem and fitted a longer early type check valve and spring to increase valve pressure and lower the amounts of pumps needed
when I chrono'd her I'm getting 10 fpe on 8 pumps with a bit of air retention on 9 pumps the velocity drops as the hammer spring isn't stong enough to open the valve fully
with a bit f messing I imagine I can set it like my blue streak which gives two shots at 11fpe on 8 pumps but would need more than 8 pumps
I may fit a .22 barrel but would have to detune quite a bit
it needs a new cocking block as it's worn so i'll set to and make a couple but will make the probe so it screws in that way I can easily change calibre and will make the cocking bolt a bit more robust
the other problem I see is that the barrel is not securely fixed to the tube at the rear so the addition of bands will help accuracy and this omission of rear barrel stability is why they had such a crap reputation for accuracy
http://i1341.photobucket.com/albums/...psbkb0adap.jpg