Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: FX Impact - major faults reported

Mine is due in the next week or two by all accounts. I did a lot of research on the net and handled one at the local RFD before committing. There were lots of reviews on the early guns which were very negative, which put me off buying one then, both here and with the full power versions in the states. A few changes have been carried out internally & externally to address these issue's and I am now confident that it will be a 'good un'. However if it does turn out to be an inaccurate, leaky, break apart waste of money, I will most certainly let everyone know about it including the manufacturer.

John
    Law of any kind only affects those willing to abide by it.

Ask AOA now about how good FX is. Not the reviewers. One can not trust the owners either as they were silly enough to part with such a lump of money.
    Good luck, hopefully it will last long.

...maybe I am after one second hand, trying to knock the price down... no I am just kidding.
    Last edited by krisko; 03-02-2019 at 11:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by krisko View Post
    Ask AOA now about how good FX is. Not the reviewers. One can not trust the owners either as they were silly enough to part with such a lump of money.
    Good luck, hopefully it will last long.

Once again you have confirmed your ignorance, like you have on many FX threads in the past.
    This thread is no different to others, people who actually own and shoot the rifles are giving advise and info, and your contribution is to spout crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelletpinger View Post
    Once again you have confirmed your ignorance, like you have on many FX threads in the past.
    This thread is no different to others, people who actually own and shoot the rifles are giving advise and info, and your contribution is to spout crap.
    According to AOA Brocock and DS are better, go figure. That’s fantastic for both British manufacturers.

...Something is telling me there will be no more fx Impacts winning the EBR ,competition’ ever again. That’s it for that model. Can we move on now?
    Last edited by krisko; 03-02-2019 at 11:51 AM.

Jackel is offline Welding guru and moderator to the stars
    Quote Originally Posted by krisko View Post
    According to AOA Brocock and DS are better, go figure. That’s fantastic for both British manufacturers.

...Something is telling me there will be no more fx Impacts winning the EBR ,competition’ ever again. That’s it for that model. Can we move on now?
    Was this before or after FX pulled it's agency from AOA and left it with Daystates and Brococks to sell instead of FX airguns?
    The impossible I do immediately, miracles take 24 hours..

NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE,IT JUST COSTS MORE

Quote Originally Posted by Pelletpinger View Post
    .25 FAC is the kiddy.
    I'm putting in a variation for one!

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackel View Post
    Was this before or after FX pulled it's agency from AOA and left it with Daystates and Brococks to sell instead of FX airguns?
    My sentiments exactly.

Although I'm a big Daystate fan I'm not blind to the fact that FX make some stonking stuff, and although they dropped the ball with the first Impacts they seem to have got their act back together and are producing some nice guns like the Crown and Dreamline.

AOA are a very big company, I think there is more to this than what guns they like, and I'm sure there has been a financial incentive on the table here as both Daystate and FX are key contenders for the American market - it's like having BMW and Mercedes in the same showroom - neither will tolerate the competition.
    Making a mockery of growing old gracefully since I retired

Quote Originally Posted by Jesim1 View Post
    it's like having BMW and Mercedes in the same showroom - neither will tolerate the competition.
    Good analogy
    Last edited by MartynB; 10-02-2019 at 05:30 PM.
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177

Bought mine new in .177 calibre - it never grouped ever! I might as well have bought a .410 as far as grouping went.

The gun was obviously intended for FAC outputs and maybe at those pressures "smooth-twist" actually works but it never did at sub 12 ft-lbs.

Also the most important bits on the rifle are disabled on the UK versions!

Complete and utter rubbish - it was gone inside 3 weeks and I for one will never buy another FX. Once bitten, etc, etc.
    Steyr LG 110 2014; Steyr Pro X; Anschutz 9015 HP ; SCR Exile .177; FX X barrel .177 Aeron Streamline; Daystate Delta Wolf .177; Tau-Brno MK300 .177; Sportsmatch GC2 mk3 .177

Kudos to BAR.

impact

Bought mine brand new 2 years ago,had a couple of orings go but did the job myself,apart from that the gun is brilliant,cheers marky