I must be lucky with my own gun by the sound of things. I was advised that mine was from the "second batch" and told that previous issues had been resolved. I can only advise as I have found my own personal experience. The gun is great to shoot, particularly from the standing position. I can also confirm that the shot count is ridiculously high and almost totally silent in .22 with the silencer extended. I have two scopes set up, one for each calibre, and simply change one for the other on the rails when I change barrels. The zero for each scope remains unchanged when I do this, no doubt partly due to the guns amazingly consistent velocity in each calibre and on all power settings.

The group sizes I mentioned earlier were on the large side of what is possible with the gun, but I didnt want to enter into a "my gun can group 8mm or less at over 50 yards" type comment. Not that it can, but its a lot less than an inch! Strangely, the groupings appear to get tighter the further out you go, although I do appreciate that this must be impossible!

I am sorry that Pruddasfinest did not have a good experience with his new gun. It would appear that issues with some guns remain. Let us hope that the manufacturers manage to resolve these sooner rather than later as the Impact is genuinely a great gun to actually shoot and own.

I also own other PCPs which perform well, including a nice 100 which is as we all know a cracking gun. However, and I dont know why this is, I honestly enjoy shooting the Impact more than any of the others. I have also owned many Steyrs over the years. When set up correctly, my own target rifles were probably the most accurate to shoot that I have experienced to date. But, and its a big but, I never actually enjoyed them particularly in my quest for ultimate "serious" accuracy, particularly when engaged in competition. That is one of the reasons I no longer shoot HFT, it can all get a bit too serious, particularly if you are only ever on the fringes of success as I occassionally was.

Well, this has turned into a self phsyco analysis type post so I had better sign off here!

Andy