Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FX Impact - major faults reported

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dave goodall View Post
    Where does its say accuracy is a issue ??? Says he loves the looks and accuracy of the gun you only have to look at bench rest in USA to see there's no issue with accuracy didn't bar do the same with kalibrgun cricket looked how that worked out for them Cheshire gun rooms still have a 3 month waiting list on the booked up to the max on pre orders how about they don't tinker with the guns befor selling them think I've only heard of one complaint of the impact and that was one the first offs. I myself wouldn't buy one like in uk format way too much for a gun wasted at sub 12 levels
    Plenty of groans out there about accuracy if you look hard enough. Don't forget the USA don't have a restriction on FTLB and apparently ST is slightly better at higher levels. Now if this was a Daystate problem people would be crying from the rooftops. The one thing that I did note is that the usual reviewers (not Lloyd) always seem to get something that is perfect but we all know that somtimes you will get a lemon. Rick Eustler always tells it like it is complete with warts.
    You can spend thousands and still miss a barn door or spend just enough and enjoy yourself. If you haven't got the talent to start with a million pound won't fix it. Whippet, Russell, a few bang sticks and a flat cap. http://www.smart-tech1st.co.uk

There have been many complaints about the Impact here in the States from the time the gun was introduced to the present. It seems to me the gun is not especially well designed and because of its popularity has been rushed through the manufacturing process to maximize production at the expense of QC.

Vermin Al is offline Some say, ..... 4,000fps is enough
    Well done BAR !

90% returns ! Jeez !
    Al

i came really close to buying a wildcat until i read the reviews for that as well.

What's happening at FX? These complaints shouldn't occur especially on a gun so expensive.

I have one and not had an issue with it so far with about 1000 pellets in, so far tried the .177 and .22 barrels and sill accurate in both calibre, mine was a grey import though........

I'm very glad BAR are making these problems public.

I think the rifle looks fantastic. I was thinking about getting a .22 air slot and a .30 spare barrel, (surely the ultimate high power air combo?), but not until it's been fixed.

I think the smooth twist barrel works fine at FAC levels hence Matt Dubber and Ted Bier guns working fine.
    I am sure FX will solve the reliability problems but accuracy at sub 12 ft lbs not sure.

I was buying one of these and normally you always get a few idiots complaining and I don't take any notice but when a company like Blackpool air rifles are telling you there not stocking them due to problems you have to listen. I hope they do get them sorted though as I would like one. Although even when they do sort them you'll always have the idiots that will keep bringing up and telling you what rifle you buy lol

You know who I'm talking about

just looked at bar site, ugly as well (the gun not the site)
    1 Rapid+sentinal n/v, 1 HW100+ Mamba lite

I have owned a few fx rifles in the past and loved every single one of them, pity something has obviously gone wrong with the impact and I hope they rectify it soon.

Sad ti hear about 😐

Congratulation mate 😀

Thumbs down

I bought a new .177 Impact five or six weeks ago. I was of course well aware of the negative publicity surrounding the gun, but decided to proceed with the purchase anyway. I am glad I did.

The gun has now digested a sleeve of pellets with absolutely no faults whatsover. It is an enjoyable gun to shoot, and with a clean barrel is mega accurate. Without a clean barrel the accuracy does deteriorate, but the same can be said with any gun/barrel combination.

I have enjoyed the gun so much that I have now purchased the .22 barrel kit. Once again, superb to shoot with an extremely smooth cycle of the action. This is just as well due to the amount of lead that I am able to deposit downrange in short order. Speaking as a former target shooter used to pondering the delivery of one telling shot, this is quite a turnaround in my shooting habits. My mate Dave advises me that it is similar to being sat next to somebody shooting a gun in semi-auto mode. However it sounds, I can confirm that it remains good fun, particularly for somebody as childish as me.

I would agree that the magazines, if not slotted in perfectly square, might cause an issue with some shooters. However, when you finally work out that this is required, everything works perfectly as designed.

Regarding the barrel issues. I can confirm achieving sub one inch groups in both .177 and .22 calibres at 53 yards is achievable. I am sure that further indoor range distance would confirm the ability of the gun and its JSB pellet combination to group at further distance, but that is the maximum range I can currently use at the excellent Leigh indoor range. Targets at more sensible airgun ranges for sub 12 shooting confirm the guns ability for extreme accuracy.

I would comment that if you do decide to purchase an Impact, clean the barrel after every tin (at least) in .177, and every 250 in .22. Full accuracy is then assured.

Yes, I am glad I bought an Impact. I actually look forward to shooting it and it has helped to fully rekindle my interest in fast fire fun. Highly recommended!

Andy
    Member, the Feinwerkbau Sport appreciation Society (over 50's chapter)
    http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu/ Andy, from the North !

For me personally, I don't own one nor have handled one, but just reading some comments (from the negative side) alot of it is frustration, which I can understand, equally, Andy has had no problems so possibly a batch problem