Ohhhhhh Dear - looks like we have been getting kept in the dark about the scale of the problems with the FX Impact. If someone like BAR is taking to facebook to openly say they have a 90% return rate even after checking every gun prior to sale, then this has to qualify as one of the best marketing cover ups in ages - sorry if you have one, I hope it's one of the 10% which work.

A real pity, I liked the gun, but with an apparent massive reliability problem and a top end price tag for now this is definitely off the shopping list till further notice.

James

This has been posted on the front of BARs - Blackpool Air Rifles Facebook page:

Well enough is enough ... from today we are stopping stocking the FX Impact. Sad really as I love the looks .the handling and when they aren't in the workshop being repaired the accuracy, but we simply cannot accept the ridiculous amounts of faults with them . We thought fixing them before they go out would cure most issues but the guns are still going wrong and when you have a 90% return ratio we have to face the fact...These guns are simply not saleable at the moment.
There is a glimmer of hope on the horizon. I have spoken to FX, they are working hard to resolve the issues and hence we may start to stock them again if we feel they truly have addressed the problems.
I know we are going against almost every review on Youtube and the magazines, every pundits advice and most gunshops and distributors glowing recommendations but ...well you can come to your own conclusions .