Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: FX Impact - major faults reported

I'm very glad BAR are making these problems public.

I think the rifle looks fantastic. I was thinking about getting a .22 air slot and a .30 spare barrel, (surely the ultimate high power air combo?), but not until it's been fixed.

I think the smooth twist barrel works fine at FAC levels hence Matt Dubber and Ted Bier guns working fine.
    I am sure FX will solve the reliability problems but accuracy at sub 12 ft lbs not sure.

I have two Wildcats in both.177 and .22 and only say the smooth twist barrels have given good results in terms of accuracy.

I did read that FX have over 1000 Impacts on back order so perhaps QC has gone a bit wonky with production pressure. I must say that whilst I can't afford one, I do fancy an FAC version.

Phil

I was buying one of these and normally you always get a few idiots complaining and I don't take any notice but when a company like Blackpool air rifles are telling you there not stocking them due to problems you have to listen. I hope they do get them sorted though as I would like one. Although even when they do sort them you'll always have the idiots that will keep bringing up and telling you what rifle you buy lol

You know who I'm talking about

just looked at bar site, ugly as well (the gun not the site)
    1 Rapid+sentinal n/v, 1 HW100+ Mamba lite

I have owned a few fx rifles in the past and loved every single one of them, pity something has obviously gone wrong with the impact and I hope they rectify it soon.

Quote Originally Posted by airarmselle View Post
    at £1600 they better get it right.
    Agreed, at that price it should be faultless first time every time

Quote Originally Posted by artschool View Post
    i came really close to buying a wildcat until i read the reviews for that as well.

FX have made modifications to the Wildcat and its paid off, reliability is now excellent thankfully . I don't think we have had a single issue for 2 months. It seems the way these days.. Buying new tech can come at a cost and early adopters can suffer . I'd recommend going to your local dealer and having another look as the Wildcat is now a cracking gun . I'm sure the same will happen to the Impact given a little time.

BAR did a similar thing with Gunpower as well I think.

Good for them though. This is the sort of thing an airgun magazine should get hold of and do some digging around the issue. Delicately.

All new products have teething trouble that would not have been obvious during development, look at the AA FTP900, loads of leaking firing valves, lots of complaints, primary cause the quick fill was not chamfered enough on it's entry so it was shaving little bits of o ring off which then found it's way under the firing valve, sometimes you need to have the owners finalise the development.

I'm sure FX will address the issues then the rifle will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Zomboid View Post
    BAR did a similar thing with Gunpower as well I think.

Good for them though. This is the sort of thing an airgun magazine should get hold of and do some digging around the issue. Delicately.
    Like Airgun World,
    1 Rapid+sentinal n/v, 1 HW100+ Mamba lite

Quote Originally Posted by Artfull-Bodger View Post
    All new products have teething trouble that would not have been obvious during development, look at the AA FTP900, loads of leaking firing valves, lots of complaints, primary cause the quick fill was not chamfered enough on it's entry so it was shaving little bits of o ring off which then found it's way under the firing valve, sometimes you need to have the owners finalise the development.

I'm sure FX will address the issues then the rifle will be fine.
    90% return rate is way beyond teething trouble. I can't for the life of me see them being worth anything like the selling price. Too many "premium" brands are poorly constructed tat which is then accepted and saluted as being top class. The truth is they are overpriced crap.
    You can spend thousands and still miss a barn door or spend just enough and enjoy yourself. If you haven't got the talent to start with a million pound won't fix it. Whippet, Russell, a few bang sticks and a flat cap. http://www.smart-tech1st.co.uk

If you wonder why this sort of thing happens ... Friend of mine on a shoot was talking about manufacturing. He'd sent off designs for a particular electronic device his company want to sell. The Chinese manufacturer sent him what he specified. It was perfect. EXACTLY what had been designed. It was a meter of some sort to be used outside so needed to be pretty tough and reliable.

He put an order in for a 500 or so.

The whole lot was junk. As soon as the order was in the Chinese manufacturer cut every corner possible and then some in order to maximise their profit.

FX might have experienced something similar and not realised it until the models were out. Or alternatively the whole design was crap from the start.

Quote Originally Posted by Bladerunner too View Post
    Like Airgun World,
    If only we knew someone....

Quote Originally Posted by Zomboid View Post
    If you wonder why this sort of thing happens ... Friend of mine on a shoot was talking about manufacturing. He'd sent off designs for a particular electronic device his company want to sell. The Chinese manufacturer sent him what he specified. It was perfect. EXACTLY what had been designed. It was a meter of some sort to be used outside so needed to be pretty tough and reliable.

He put an order in for a 500 or so.

The whole lot was junk. As soon as the order was in the Chinese manufacturer cut every corner possible and then some in order to maximise their profit.

FX might have experienced something similar and not realised it until the models were out. Or alternatively the whole design was crap from the start.
    The FX could be excused if it was Chinese but it isn't. The latter would seem to apply to FX over recent times.
    You can spend thousands and still miss a barn door or spend just enough and enjoy yourself. If you haven't got the talent to start with a million pound won't fix it. Whippet, Russell, a few bang sticks and a flat cap. http://www.smart-tech1st.co.uk