Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: FX Impact - major faults reported

My 'TX' works absolutely fine, just sayin...

Quote Originally Posted by TORNADOS7 View Post
    And Air Arms have had as many issues with their product especially the higher end target gear which is a better comparison to a TX. The TX has also been around donkeys so any "issues" will have been put to bed. Its also a springer and some peeps ...including myself....jus5 are not interested in dinosaur technology as many springer boys are not interested in pushing technology forward.

You choose which pony you want to ride. Your TX was once cutting edge but it isnt any.ore. the boundaries have been pushed weĺl beyond TX tech. But like any cutting edge...it doesnt mean its right or doesnt need tweaking.

The Impact is a very technical bit of kit. Its sub and FAC. its switch barrel and adjustable power so the issues it has to cover make a TX look like paper clip engineering.

Watch this space....
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

Quote Originally Posted by Steyr View Post
    The Impact is a very technical bit of kit. Its sub and FAC. its switch barrel and adjustable power so the issues it has to cover make a TX look like paper clip engineering.

Watch this space....
    Perhaps, but does that mean we should doing free R&D / snagging for FX ? Sorry, but at £1.5k no

Quote Originally Posted by MartynB View Post
    Perhaps, but does that mean we should doing free R&D / snagging for FX ? Sorry, but at £1.5k no
    It's not just FX though is it. If you think about it their are a lot of very expensive guns in production and all have suffered failings which shouldn't have got past QC. My most expensive airgun these days is my Gladius and surprise surprise, it worked as it should out of the box.
    You can spend thousands and still miss a barn door or spend just enough and enjoy yourself. If you haven't got the talent to start with a million pound won't fix it. Whippet, Russell, a few bang sticks and a flat cap. http://www.smart-tech1st.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by TORNADOS7 View Post
    That is why springers will never let you down. Two shots and never worry about air.

A.G

Quote Originally Posted by Steyr View Post
    And Air Arms have had as many issues with their product especially the higher end target gear which is a better comparison to a TX. The TX has also been around donkeys so any "issues" will have been put to bed. Its also a springer and some peeps ...including myself....jus5 are not interested in dinosaur technology as many springer boys are not interested in pushing technology forward.

You choose which pony you want to ride. Your TX was once cutting edge but it isnt any.ore. the boundaries have been pushed weĺl beyond TX tech. But like any cutting edge...it doesnt mean its right or doesnt need tweaking.

Watch this space....
    You do have apoint but what use is complicted tech if it doesn't work? Reliability is everything when it comes to shooting.

A.G

Quote Originally Posted by MartynB View Post
    Post #31........
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

Just so you all know that following a busy weekend of "Impact Action" and another tin of mainly .22 JSBs, the gun continues to shoot very straight and has still not developed any of the feared and apparently common misfortunes described by other owners. The only additions to my rig have been the dropping of my 30 mm mounts to reduce scope cant and the fitment of a spirit level to my .177 scope. This tightened up the long range accuracy even further.

Fourteen tins and no issues in either calibre. I feel I might be tempting fate now so I will stop making positive comments!

Andy
    Member, the Feinwerkbau Sport appreciation Society (over 50's chapter)
    http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu/ Andy, from the North !

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    Quote Originally Posted by Amac View Post
    Fourteen tins and no issues in either calibre. I feel I might be tempting fate now so I will stop making positive comments!

Andy
    I would not worry about making positive comments Andy, it's good to hear things going well for some people, it's a pity a post like this ever gets aired, but it seems to be more common now with most manufacturers either getting guns out too quickly or not doing enough R&D in the first place, it was just FX in the firing line this time with a gun that should have been one of the most innovative and important guns of 2016 - and arguably still is?

James
    Making a mockery of growing old gracefully since I retired

It's clearly a fantastic rifle if it's running 100%. The chap on YouTube, tedsholdover has won a 100yd bench rest competition with a .25 one.

How do you find the trigger?

Quote Originally Posted by oneseven View Post
    How do you find the trigger?
    Look near the pistol grip, sure you will find it there

Quote Originally Posted by Logunner View Post
    Look near the pistol grip, sure you will find it there
    Probably on the floor because it fell off
    You can spend thousands and still miss a barn door or spend just enough and enjoy yourself. If you haven't got the talent to start with a million pound won't fix it. Whippet, Russell, a few bang sticks and a flat cap. http://www.smart-tech1st.co.uk

Ah. Yes I walked into that one.

Trigger is good not excellent. The trigger unit fitted to a "proper" target rifle such as a Steyr for example is far superior in my opinion. I spent a good while adjusting the balance so that I have a unit that is, well, as best as I can get it, which is good enough for me. I am sure that some time spent polishing trigger sears would result in further improvements. To be honest though, most shooters would be perfectly happy with the trigger as it arrives having been set up by the factory.

In view of all the comments regarding leaks with the Impact I have purchased a full set of "o" rings and some additional spare barrel seals. Rather than send the thing off to ASI under warranty if a leak does develop, I would be more inclined to rectify the issue myself and void the warranty. By my reckoning, if the gun was to develop an obvious fault it would have most likely occurred before its seven thousand shot count as it currently stands.

The only modification I have made to the gun is to fit a small delrin spacer under the barrel locating screw. This has been done only due to an American posting regarding barrel alignment and is more of a suggested measure rather than anything else as the gun has not cocked or shot any differently before or since installation. Talking of which, the gun continues to become even smoother as the action has run in and I have become fully accustomed to it. The cocking action itself is exemplary, and is partly responsible for my ridiculous fast fire sessions that has many fellow shooters raising their eyebrows at the old idiot "dancing the can" down range in short order. Beats shooting target cards for hours at a time anyway.

Finally, my mate Jim Edge has manufactured a swing out single shot loader for the .177 set up. This is used in serious mode for establishing zero and bench rest shooting. Apart from my mate Dave who currently has an Impact order, I dont think Jim will be manufacturing anymore of these due to the time and efforts involved in the design and manufacturing process of a unique (but shiny!) item.

This thread appears to have become a regular update on my own real time spent with the Impact. If anything starts to hiss or falls off, you will be the first to know. Until or if that point in time ever occurs, I will continue to use the gun "hard" and deposit ridiculous amounts of lead down range at every opportunity.
    Happy days!

Andy
    Member, the Feinwerkbau Sport appreciation Society (over 50's chapter)
    http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu/ Andy, from the North !

I have had my Impact .25 FAC for only a couple of months so perhaps too early to say BUT so far I have found the gun to be a pleasure to shoot. I love the balance of this gun which makes walking around with it very comfortable indeed and although a little heavier than the Wildcat which I also have, it seems to be almost as light in the hand even with a NiteSite fitted.

Fingers crossed my love affair continues.

Phil