Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: FX Impact - major faults reported

I can understand that many people interested in the concept that the Impact introduces will be sitting on the fence while those of us who have forked out iron out any potential issues,

However, I can only repeat that my own example appears to be fault free at present. I certainly didn't buy the gun for its looks, but for its ability to change its shooting characteristics with a two minute barrel and probe change.

Finally, I obviously check zero when swapping barrels/scopes, but I think due to the quality of said scopes and Sportsmatch quick detachable mounts, there is little if any change in point of impact. Once again, that is a fact and not speculation and is due partly to the fact that the gun is well engineered and made from quality components that go back to where they live with minimal hassle.

I can also see that I am banging my head against a brick wall with my positive comments. Just so I can fit in with the majority view I will now make a comment that will keep the detractors happy.

Those Impacts, their s---e.

Andy
    Member, the Feinwerkbau Sport appreciation Society (over 50's chapter)
    http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu/ Andy, from the North !

Disaster!!!

Following a swift barrel change, gun was well down on velocity and popping its head off. Breech seal I thought so that was swiftly changed along with the two barrel o rings. Poppety pop pop pop, jam went my little friend. Bugger thought I. The first of the many reported Impact faults had raised its ugly head. Now sulking, I glanced down at the breech and thought to myself "bloody hell, that looks a bit large for .177." Yes, you guessed it, .177 pellets and probe dont work too well with a .22 barrel onboard. What a t--t I thought as fellow airgunners enjoyed much Mickey taking at my expense (especially a certain Mr Jones.) With the "proper" barrel installed the gun steadily chewed its way through yet more .177 pellets with its usual efficiency.

The moral of the story is dont let your spare barrel get sneakily changed without first double checking its calibre. Sorry to dissapoint the anti-Impact shooters!

Andy

Quote Originally Posted by Amac View Post
    Sorry to dissapoint the anti-Impact shooters!
    i don't actually think there are anti impact shooters.

more like a queue of people(like me) wanting to buy but reading about alot of problems.

i added a slot to my fac for one of these rifles.

Quote Originally Posted by artschool View Post
    i don't actually think there are anti impact shooters.

more like a queue of people(like me) wanting to buy but reading about alot of problems.

i added a slot to my fac for one of these rifles.
    Despite the sub 12 problems , these are supposed to be brilliant in the .25 FAC.

A.G

Quote Originally Posted by lensman57 View Post
    Despite the sub 12 problems , these are supposed to be brilliant in the .25 FAC.

A.G

How right you are or at least I love mine.

Phil

My .30 fac was shocking, and lasted a month before being returned as unfit for purpose, annoying with all the faff of variation to my certificate but I have never had a problem with FX guns before, and to be honest I would give one another chance further down the production schedule.

Well, my friend finally received his own Impact last week. To say that he is pleased would be an understatement. Mine continues to perform faultlessly; particularly when the .177 probe is used with the correct barrel.

Maybe we have both been lucky. I suspect that there must be other owners who have yet to experience any of the horrors that have been so apparently widespread and fully described above. My own shot count so far with this hideously unreliable gun is 14 tins of .177 and seven of .22. accuracy remains on a parr with the best from Lothar Walther and friends.

Andy

I will placing my order for a .25 as soon as my variation comes back put in for a .30 barrel too😎
    Following the comment from the Blackpool gun shop I would be curious how many they have sold
    Acta non Verba

I am confident that you will be delighted with your new Impact as well Mick. They really are a great gun to actually shoot. Just make sure that you load the magazines squarely and it will be fantastic.

Andy

After getting my .25 FAC Impact back from ASI (had a small leak) and experimenting with different velocities and finally settling for just under 40 ft lbs the accuracy has been superb, 75 yard head shots are the norm (in good conditions) and the sheer knock down power has to be seen to be believed.

I can well believe it aj. My mate and I both think that the gun was developed for the American market and must run even sweeter at your FAC available power levels. I bet that you have some noticeable recoil with your available velocities. Not firearms type recoil, but a noticeable flip of the muzzle?

Andy

Quote Originally Posted by Amac View Post
    I can well believe it aj. My mate and I both think that the gun was developed for the American market and must run even sweeter at your FAC available power levels. I bet that you have some noticeable recoil with your available velocities. Not firearms type recoil, but a noticeable flip of the muzzle?

Andy
    Nope, completely dead on firing, and because I've backed off the hammer spring there is less internal noise/vibration and the Huggett Belita soaks up any muzzle report.

Sounds like an ideal combination to me. The gun is clearly a serious tool ( a bit like me really) for long range vermin control. I have used sub sonic bullets in rimfires many moons ago and know how effective they can be. It was ricochet city though.
    I must admit to fancying an FAC Impact to carry out such tasks. Your set up and adjustments sound perfect to me.

Super quick variation turn around from south Yorkshire FLO back in 7 days slot for .25 .30 and a mod for each "not sure if the fac is shrouded "😎.
    Acta non Verba

Quote Originally Posted by mick a View Post
    Super quick variation turn around from south Yorkshire FLO back in 7 days slot for .25 .30 and a mod for each "not sure if the fac is shrouded "😎.
    Mine has the telescopic shroud (I think all barrels come with it as standard).