Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: FX Impact - major faults reported

Is that fac
    Acta non Verba

Quote Originally Posted by mick a View Post
    Is that fac
    Yes mate.

I assume as the shroud is fixed to the barrel it's not considered a sound moderator in the normal way ?
    Acta non Verba

Just picked up a very nice stage three Airfective tuned fx
    So that's my first one .still looking for a .25 one in fac but had to get this ,just can't wait the quoted 20 weeks for a new one
    Acta non Verba

So the big question is the impact any good
    Yes it is
    I don't really know if it is just because it fits me or if it is just darned accurate but it his whatever I point it at so that's good enough for me .
    Acta non Verba

Any word from the factory about the warranty claims?

Duno if it could be down to people fiddling with the twiddley bits ,if it's not broke don't fix it
    Acta non Verba

Wink

Please read thread title.
    I suggest people who posted irrelevant stuff they start a separate thread about how good it is, best to document it with pictures as well. Here you go.

Quote Originally Posted by krisko View Post
    Please read thread title.
    I suggest people who posted irrelevant stuff they start a separate thread about how good it is, best to document it with pictures as well. Here you go.
    Which was posted 4 months ago - do you think that FX & the importer has done b****r all since then? That the owners who are saying that they're having no problems whatsoever are lying through their teeth? What are your thoughts on 'full & honest debate'?
    I tried a new Impact the other week and found no problems with it - nothing fell off or stopped working in the time I was using it - the only couple of 'problems' (for me, anyhow) was unfortunately, the gun had a too short LOP & it would be great if it had an extendable butt & to get a 35 yard zero, the scope was within a turn of being maxed out at the top of its elevation, so perhaps a 5 degree 'slope' on the rail would be useful.

Talking

no idea, perhaps you should ask Frank from airgun nation, who owns one and he is getting his third or fourth scope for his impact, because none of them are holding zero
    come on

http://www.airgunnation.com/topic/what-the-scope/

I don't know about anybody else else but mine is the dogs
    Ball Cocks and I am going to get another one on my fac when I can
    Acta non Verba

Quote Originally Posted by krisko View Post
    no idea, perhaps you should ask Frank from airgun nation, who owns one and he is getting his third or fourth scope for his impact, because none of them are holding zero
    come on

http://www.airgunnation.com/topic/what-the-scope/
    Erm, no, he's had a faulty scope, which Hawke agreed on, he's now sent another back for the same reason - he doesn't seem to be 'blaming' the gun, just Hawke QC

Im gonna buy a new scope for my FX impact ive got a 800 dollar limit. Ive had a hawke sidewinder 6.5-20x42mm for two years. I had to send it off for warrenty work due to scope not holding zero. They assured me the scope was faulty replaced it with brand new scope. I was very happy i got the new one been using it sense.

My newly replaced sidewinder is giving me problems just like the first one. Its quite agrevatting I kinda want to stay away from the hawke brand being that Ive had so many issues. I contacted the warrenty department and i have to send this scope back now.

Sorry but 1600 for an air rifle and then buy a hawke.
    Bit like buying a sports car then peeing in the petrol tank ������

Bir harsh maybe but I have bought Hawkes and they went tits up. Maybe their quality has upped but for me that was going to be a long journey
    Last edited by Steyr; 06-05-2017 at 10:21 AM.
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

I have a hawk on mine and it's not a bad budget scope .
    I had a $3500 ACOG and a Dr optic single point on my last AR 15 ,wish I still had it 😔 It would have been great on the impact .
    Acta non Verba

Quote Originally Posted by mick a View Post
    I have a hawk on mine and it's not a bad budget scope .
    I had a $3500 ACOG and a Dr optic single point on my last AR 15 ,wish I still had it 😔 It would have been great on the impact .
    I dont agree that Hawke arent bad budget scopes but beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I just dont get why people buy 1600 quid rifles then spend peanuts on the glass and mounts. The optics are just as important as the action.

I have budget rifles but Hawkes wont feature on them.

One scope was replaced without question and the replacement went tits but I had a proper fight to get it sorted.
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill