Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: FX Impact - major faults reported

Quote Originally Posted by Steyr View Post
    I dont agree that Hawke arent bad budget scopes but beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I just dont get why people buy 1600 quid rifles then spend peanuts on the glass and mounts. The optics are just as important as the action.

I have budget rifles but Hawkes wont feature on them.

One scope was replaced without question and the replacement went tits but I had a proper fight to get it sorted.
    Sorry not quite following, what scopes was sent back and replaced,
    1 Rapid+sentinal n/v, 1 HW100+ Mamba lite

When I shot center fire rifles my cheapest scope was a bushel elite At £800 and it sat in £200 rings
    Every now and then we shot out to 1000 yard and yesterday it helps to be able to see what you are shooting at ,but I am not going to be shooting this Fx more than 50 on paper and maybe 40 as a max when hunting ,yes nice glass is nice but not as critical on a airgun .
    I will be placing an order for another impact in .25 to go on my FAC shortly I may put something better on that .
    Acta non Verba

I have a Sidewinder 4-16×50 on my .25 FAC Impact and a Tac30 4-14×42 on my .22 FAC Cricket. I chose theses scopes as I like the half mildot reticle and I find the optics clear enough for my needs. I have thought about spending more on something that will give a clearer image at dusk and extend my shooting time a little, any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

The old mtc connect 01
    Bushnell elite 10x40
    Kahles 8x40
    Had all these all good
    Acta non Verba

To buy or not to buy

Went to look at a Wildcat today ,which I like a lot, But dealer introduced me to the Impact ...and I fell in love!
    Now having read this thread I an in a dilema...should I buy an Impact if it is going to be trouble?
    I have an Ultra and like it but rather like the Bullpup configuration......SO have FX reached Mk2 yet and is it the time to buy.?

Anybody in East Anglia using one I can come and look at?

Confused from East Anglia

Complaints about Impacts are still pretty constant here in the states. Mostly leaks and problems with power. Some people love theirs. It's a crap shoot.

So far mine has been the best pcp I've owned, I'm hitting 40, 60, 80 yard shots with ease, my only bug bear is due to the light weight of the rifle my heart beat causes the rifle to twitch, I do have a massive heart ❤️ though 😬
    FX ImpactX, AirArms HFT500, 2xAirArms S200 MK3, Webley Omega, Weihrauch HW95, HW97K, HW98, HW99s, AirArms S200mk3, Gunpower Stealth, Weihrauch HW40pca, HW45 Black Star, Webley Alecto, Crosman 2240, Artemis pp700sa, Swiss Arms SA P1911, Walther CP88 competition, CP99

secretagentmole Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by scrane View Post
    Complaints about Impacts are still pretty constant here in the states. Mostly leaks and problems with power. Some people love theirs. It's a crap shoot.
    So not only problems but unpleasant to fire as well?

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    Quote Originally Posted by secretagentmole View Post
    So not only problems but unpleasant to fire as well?
    He's an American - and he's referring to an Americanism based on the gambling game "craps" - he's basically saying you pay your money and take your chance - it can go either way for his experience.

I'm still on the fence after all this time - The people that have them and they work love them, others have not been so lucky.

I'd call a few shops and see what they say - but give them options like I was looking for a Pulsar or an Impact - what do you think? - or they are just likely to tell you everything is great to get you to buy one form them - cynical but a real possibility.

James
    Making a mockery of growing old gracefully since I retired

Quote Originally Posted by Jesim1 View Post
    He's an American - and he's referring to an Americanism based on the gambling game "craps" - he's basically saying you pay your money and take your chance - it can go either way for his experience.

James
    Exactly. Thanks.
    My mother was British, and your comment has offered insight as to why we could never seem to understand one another.
    The Impact is at a price point that we should not need to even have this discussion.
    Personally, I would not have one. But... if one likes the design and its potential benefits it might very well be worth the risk.

This US board seems to offer the most posts concerning the Impact:
    http://www.airgunnation.com/forum/di...n/pcp-airguns/

Fx wildcat

Quote Originally Posted by Oldbean View Post
    Went to look at a Wildcat today ,which I like a lot, But dealer introduced me to the Impact ...and I fell in love!
    Now having read this thread I an in a dilema...should I buy an Impact if it is going to be trouble?
    I have an Ultra and like it but rather like the Bullpup configuration......SO have FX reached Mk2 yet and is it the time to buy.?

Anybody in East Anglia using one I can come and look at?

Confused from East Anglia
    I too have considered the impact but unless you are going FAC. I don't know what advantage you are getting over the wildcat? I have shot and handled an impact.
    mk2 rapid.22

I had the impact and the wildcat, still got the wildcat though it's up for sale, the impact was gone in less than a month, after also going back to be sorted, pile of junk and not worth the money.

My cricket pees all over both of them, but does still have a couple of faults with the mag design and lack of safety.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabid View Post
    I had the impact and the wildcat, still got the wildcat though it's up for sale, the impact was gone in less than a month, after also going back to be sorted, pile of junk and not worth the money.

My cricket pees all over both of them, but does still have a couple of faults with the mag design and lack of safety.
    I have a Gladius and it has been faultless from the off. Spending anything more seems to be folly in the bullpup category.
    You can spend thousands and still miss a barn door or spend just enough and enjoy yourself. If you haven't got the talent to start with a million pound won't fix it. Whippet, Russell, a few bang sticks and a flat cap. http://www.smart-tech1st.co.uk

Weihrauch should team up with these guys !!

In FAC the Impact is an excellent idea on paper.

I have handled and shot and its a delight. Some of the other bull pups are big bulky heavy and one trick ponies.

The issue is the tricks come at a price.

I have no doubt they will be sorted but I understood there were 13 IDd leak points alone.

I am looking at pro pest control so one gun with switch from sub to FAC and cal too.....seems ideal.

I am in no rush. I prefer to let others rush in and do the R&D for the company and usually follow in on the Mk 2. Even then, I tend to let it bounce for a bit. Its a reasonable investment so rather do homework and wait for the bugs to be ironed out first.
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill