Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: FX Impact - major faults reported

I really can't fault mine
    Acta non Verba

Thread revival. Whatever happened with the numerous and sporadic faults with the Impact? I’m interested in getting one, possibly in FAC as and when my application is approved.
    I’ve noticed BAR are still quoting 20 weeks to ship any out and lots of other suppliers have limited stock. Surly 5is issue can’t still be going on 2 yrs later?

I'll let you know later as I'm going to pick one up in an hour!! ASI had a delivery last week and have shipped them to the various shops who had them on order, Redbeck sorted my order without many issues.

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    Quote Originally Posted by scotttomo View Post
    Thread revival. Whatever happened with the numerous and sporadic faults with the Impact? I’m interested in getting one, possibly in FAC as and when my application is approved.
    I’ve noticed BAR are still quoting 20 weeks to ship any out and lots of other suppliers have limited stock. Surly 5is issue can’t still be going on 2 yrs later?
    As far as I'm aware it's pretty much sorted and should be no more risky than any other gun - you always get an odd one?

The issues were largely on the sub 12fpe guns, and the FAC versions were all pretty decent with no built in problems as such.

BAR have now started stocking them again, but I'd call them for a lead time rather than go off the web site just to make sure. I believe FX have changed the regulator on the new guns to be more low power friendly for the UK.

If I wanted one now I would buy one and not worry too much.

James
    Making a mockery of growing old gracefully since I retired

On the subject of availability I'm sure there are some shops with stock but phone and check before ordering online, I did just that and what a ball ache I had trying to get things sorted, went through Redbeck and no issues.

I'm getting a sub 12 .22 if I like it I'll get a .25 FAC.

Chris

.25 FAC is the kiddy.

So I hear, I've got an amazing FAC Rapid MK 2 in .25 and love it!! Would never part with it, I'd just get it as an addition.

Well it’s good to hear that the issues have been sorted, I just have to wait to hear about my FAC now
    Another quick question, I’ve seen pics and videos of this rifle for the last week or so, trying to find out as much as I can, but does the purchase come with a case etc? Or is this an optional extra?

Scott

I have just got mine home and yes it comes in a nice case with all the accessories etc!

Happy with it so far!!

Chris

There are many better designed, constructed/made PCPs about there.

In my mind a person who buys these will just show how limited he is, monkey copying YouTube advertisers. Next is a camera mount or 4K digital night vision

Enjoy your overpriced new toy. I am sure you can afford it. Don’t forget to make videos too

Quote Originally Posted by krisko View Post

In my mind a person who buys these will just show how limited he is, monkey copying YouTube advertisers. Next is a camera mount or 4K digital night vision

Enjoy your overpriced new toy. I am sure you can afford it. Don’t forget to make videos too

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom

OOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooo
    Making a mockery of growing old gracefully since I retired

Confirmed FX troll, probably a bit cold under his bridge so he’s come out for a warm, bless him.

The .25 impact I had was faultless it was fac and never gave a hint of trouble
    Acta non Verba

Serious question, Krisko; how much time have you spent actually shooting one? I ask because I know several people who use the FX Impact and they don't conform to your sweeping assessment in any way. I can understand you not liking the styling, but as far as shooting performance goes, there's no denying it's impressive. What makes you think that anyone who buys one is 'limited' and a 'monkey' - or does the 'in my mind' bit explain the entire depth of your research?
    If you don't know enough to judge - don't judge