Thread: Shooting Show-New Airgun 95K vs Scorpion

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I have a lovely tune HW95 .177. Its smooth as silk and wants to shoot pellet on pellet. Its also very light weight. However, its tricky to get it to" keep it there". Light weight and a spring just don't do "forgiving". Same goes for my FWB Sports; in truth any light weight spring rifle. Doesn't matter how well tuned or how good a barrel, they are just tricky. They are however great fun and a joy to shoot standing. Fine in the field if you don't stretch the distance beyond the farmyard.

Heavier springers are so much better at staying "there" and even then take smoothing out, short stroking, or anything to make them less hold sensitive.

A PCP whatever weight doesn't have the same problem that a spring and all that wound mechanical energy gives. A lighter weight PCP only has to be kept steady.

Lastly, PCP's can take advantage of higher magnification scopes whereas springers require a smooth shooting style which doesn't allow for faffing with getting sights overly spot on. For springers a fast smooth shooting style, best achieved with lower magnifying scopes that don't encourage hanging about in the cycle, are more inductive to hitting the mark.
    All make very different animals. Your call.

I'd like to thank everyone for their replies, I like both guns, but I do like the idea of a foot in either camp, the scorpion I've been using has the Vc silencer and is also single shot. It was a delight to shoot.
    Cheers
    Steve
    .22 HW 110 ST
    .22 HW97 KT Blackline STL
    Walther CP88 Competition Nickel