Thread: Bsa r10 mk2 .177 shot count

Bsa r10 mk2 .177 shot count

Hi all
    Been out fir the first time with my new to me r10 and from a 200bar fill i got 120 shots with the last 20 dropping right off from zero. The rifle hasn't been tuned in any way, i was wondering how would i benefit from a tune ie. New reg?.
    Its a decent shot count but no were near what bsa claims.
    Any one else have one of these? .

Depends what fps you getting...

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    BSA says 165 shots from a 232bar fill.

So 120 from a 200bar fill sounds not far off.
    Master Debater

Would it be safe to fill to 232 bar then?
    And with regards to fps im not sure, im using bis mags which are a heavy pellet and im assuming that will have an effect on shot count.

120 shots, thats about right from a 177 R10.
    Thanks - Geoff.

If it states 232 bar on the website there is no reason i shouldn't use the full potential of the bottle is supose. Ill have a crack at it.

My new .177 R10 SE model does around 140 good (ish) shots from a 230bar fill, i even had it sent back to bsa to sort it? (however the place where i bought it from new tells me, that a 210 bar fill max, is best for the bsa reg in this gun?) So i dont know how bsa got there 190 shot count on this model? They must have had the test rifle set around 9ft lbs???? But the regs in these R10's dont have a great rep, even in my new se model. Im now thinking of getting a huma reg and tune done from darrin at xtx air (£185), as i was pleased with the service when he did my .22 bsa T10 scorpion last year, and its now GREAT! (but it was unregged b4). Although booking times are around 6 months i think? GOOD LUCK.
    Last edited by echo1974; 11-01-2017 at 12:31 PM.

Yeah very strange. I filled mine to about 220 and dry fired it and it hisses after every shot must just be the reg filling back up? But ive not noticed it before.

That sounds like a air leak

Quote Originally Posted by taito View Post
    Hi all
    Been out fir the first time with my new to me r10 and from a 200bar fill i got 120 shots with the last 20 dropping right off from zero. The rifle hasn't been tuned in any way, i was wondering how would i benefit from a tune ie. New reg?.
    Its a decent shot count but no were near what bsa claims.
    Any one else have one of these? .
    I would take the shot count claimed by all the manufacturers with a pinch of salt. To propel a pellet at a certain energy a ceratin amount of air is required. For mechanical systems a shot count of 55~60 per 100 CC of compressed air from a 200 bar fill is normal. Your 120 sounds about right ( 200 cc bottle ). I get about 150 from my R10 .22. The BSA blurb claims 250 which is .
    I had the same doubts with my HW 100 KT .177 when I had it new and the matter was not helped with unqualified claims of people getting 5 mags (70 pellets) worth of shots from a 100cc 200 bar fill.
    It turned out that they had mostly set the guns to about 10.2 ft.lbs and were not so concerned about 20 ft/s spread , which was not acceptable for a regulated gun. I was getting about 56 shots @11.4 ft.lbs.
    BTW the 232 bar fill is the absolute max, I don't fill my gun up higher than 210 bar. I have also heard that the R10 regulator doesn't like working with more than 210 bar.

A.G

Also it a full length rifle carbine or super carbine. Shorter barrel will give less shots

Quote Originally Posted by essex sniper View Post
    Also it a full length rifle carbine or super carbine. Shorter barrel will give less shots
    This is a good point. I forgot that BSA has a super carbine in R10 now.

A.G

Its a 12" barrel i think. Ive taken it back to the rfd now as its under warranty, with be sent to bsa and fixed.
    Thanks for the replys

When are BSA going to get their act together, this poor bloke has only owned his gun for a few days and it has to go back already, sadly he's not the only one who has had problems with BSA. I had a nightmare with a BSA Goldstar and a mate almost gave his away after trying to get his to work well.

COME ON BSA, GET A GRIP.

They should fit an upgraded reg as standard will solve a lot of issues.