Thread: gunpower storm problem

gunpower storm problem

Just acquired a rather beaten up Gun power Storm,when I removed the silencer which was a push fit (and grub screw) there are threads underneath,the thread is not 1/2" unf,anyone had experience of these?and what thread do they have? I would like to fit the proper silencer, hoping the gun has not been butchered may have to use an adapter if it has,any help would be appreciated,thanks Stuart.

It could be an American "Tallon" barrel maybe 28tpi unef as opposed to 20tpi unf.

otherwise it could be any barrel that's been machined to fit the stealth/storm frame breech mech.

Thanks for your input angrybear,the thread does look a lot finer,will see if I can find info on the "Tallon",Stuart.

Tallon is what the Americans call the Gunpower rifle, there is a Tallon forum.

Cheers again than you Stuart.

Quote Originally Posted by grieva View Post
    Just acquired a rather beaten up Gun power Storm,when I removed the silencer which was a push fit (and grub screw) there are threads underneath,the thread is not 1/2" unf,anyone had experience of these?and what thread do they have? I would like to fit the proper silencer, hoping the gun has not been butchered may have to use an adapter if it has,any help would be appreciated,thanks Stuart.
    Was it the original silencer, the one you removed? The manufacturer offers one which is marketed as a light weight carbon fibre moderator. You could try and get one from gunpower.net. Otherwise, those rifles have a few things standard in them, used to own a Stealth. The thread is not 1/2" unf, and you'll definitely need an adaptor or a moderator designed and machined especially for the Storm. Been there, had to improve a few things on my rifle myself. Good thing is the design is simplistic. That entire gun is a very good idea which has not been developed fully.